Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+15
Starbits
Duma
NyraXerz
Volcarona
skittyTail
Kaze
Catalyst
Gliscor
Silverishness
Snitch
Alakazam
Jay
Nightfall
Min
renegade
19 posters

(ACE) The FARAWAY Team

Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

(ACE) The FARAWAY Team  - Page 18 Empty Re: (ACE) The FARAWAY Team

Post by Starbits Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:18 pm

(skip)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    oh, captain, let's make a deal
    where we both say the things that we both really feel
    i feel scared and i'm starting to sink
    and i'll only sink deeper the deeper i think

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]19 Badges[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    little fairy

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:03 am

Faraway Island | Noon
    TinyDragon 95 | Loneliness 58

Lone merely grunted as Katyusha spoke, resigning himself to this crazy idea. So, they had a massive, gag-inducing, rotten monster as a free roaming pet now. Were they all too brash to be utterly revolted by the fact it was literally walking carrion? Or were they all just too scared of being chased down by it if they said no? Well, he'd already died once in this place. Why not just up the chances of that happening again? "Who...who wants to talk to it?" The Ninetales concluded to which Lone forcefully sat down. "It's all yours ladies." He scoffed, waving one forepaw gingerly in the air. This is what they wanted after all. No need to sully his own paws.

The young Vaporeon felt her knees staring to quiver from the overpowering smell of the Feraligatr. The panic of preventing a fight had staved it off from her registry at first but now it was flooding in full force. Usually the undead reek was pretty bad but this thin- one's scent was off the charts gut wrenching to her delicate sense of smell. It was to the point she was getting lightheaded, her gaze drifted wearily upward to the sunlight that flitted through the trees. It was past noon already... It must of been by pure luck that she was looking at Abby as she spoke, barely catching her words from the haze that was starting to build in TD's head. "Um... About what? I'm not sure if there's much i...they can tell us."

They needed to think of questions for it? Well surely they would be the same questions you would ask any new acquaintance, right? The beast shifted and must of said something but the Vaporeon took the chance to politely take a step back as she didn't wish to crowd the gator anymore they he already had been. The respect such a creature could show.. it was only right she show that back.

Being a conversationalist was never her strong suit, being deaf and all, but one question always came up with a simple answer. "Mah name iz Tinwee-Dawaguon. What his yours?" Her fluttering heart and short breaths sure felt like they were jumbling her words more then usual. Hopefully that wasn't true. The smallest disturbance turned her head, a sensation akin to movement. She already knew what that feeling was, it used to be so common, but this was not the pleasantry she was used to. Lone was cackling, laughing obnoxiously loud straight at the Vaporeon. "You'd think you don't even know the language you speak!" The thick sleazy grin remained plastered to his face as he turned to the Feraligatr. "Let me guess, her next line will be where are you from?"

((Aaaa sorry, I actually didn't know it was my turn!))
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:56 pm

Faraway Island | Noon
    Katyusha 48 | Marvin 45

The closer they stood to the undead and the longer it remained near, the fouler the stench became. Marvin took a step back and then another. The beast said something to them he wasn't focused enough to catch. Whatever it had said, he was sure it was trying to instill them with a false sense of security. Of course that is what the thing would want. This thing wasn't going to get the best of him, not today.

Without a word, the skuntank continues to back away from the feraligator step-by-step until he is at the back of their makeshift group. With a last glance at the rotting bulldozer of a pokemon he turns tails and flees into the surrounding foliage. Good luck undead-loving freaks! He thinks to himself as he rushes through at forest and out of sight.

Katyusha gets distracted from the current conversation as she notes the skuntank, Marvin, inching his way to the back of the group. Her eyes continue to follow him, curious to what he could be planning. She begins to inch her way back as well at a slower place. Charging an attack? Maybe he just needed space? Was this his way of saying he would not be the one to address the undead? All wrong.

As she observes, upon reaching the back of the group, the poison-type quickly turns and takes off into the dense foliage. Almost on instinct she turns and dashes off after him. Concern floods through her as she continues to tail him--who knew he could be this fast with such short appendages? Determined to make sure the other is okay, the ninetales too is soon out of sight.

((ooc: Leaving post.))

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:50 am

Faraway Island/Noon [28]

The undead spoke up in response to her question, "Silly fairy friend, I'mma chattot lot! I can tell youse the anser to what you asking. Be glad to." It folded its claws up and looked towards them expectantly, and she realized that they had been speaking as if it wasn't there. There was something still in there obviously, but Abby was so afraid. How long before it snapped? Before it tore them apart?

She felt TinyDragon take a step back, and Abby unconciously mirrored the action. Then the Vaporeon started with what felt almost obvious, "Mah name iz Tinwee-Dawaguon. What his yours?" Introductions. Though the fairy had a feeling that wasn't exactly what Katyusha was getting at... Speaking of which, the Togetic looked behind her and noticed Marvin backing off, and Katyusha trying to get his attention. Were they going? Abandoning them to this thing? She really didn't blame the Skuntank for wanting to leave, but now they were going to be even smaller in number. Soon, the pair disappeared, and she didn't know what to do. She turned her attention back to the undead and prayed to Arceus that it didn't notice. It wanted to be friends desperately and that made her worry that it would take offense to some of them leaving. She hadn't seen the other Ninetales in a while either, and at this point, she had decided if he had gone too, then it was probably for the best. Let him find his friend and not get caught up with an undead.

Lone decided to speak up and mocked TinyDragon, "You'd think you don't even know the language you speak!" Okay, now that was uncalled for. The ghost had valid points put in rude ways sometimes, but now he was making fun of something another Pokemon couldn't control. "Let me guess, her next line will be where are you from?" She understood he didn't want the undead around anymore than she did, but mocking others wasn't going to get anything done.

"It's great that she can speak at all, Lone," Abby reprimended. She then turned to the gator and offered her name, "Abby." She could tell it her full name, but she feared that the being needed to keep things simple. If she couldn't talk TinyDragon and Rokai out of this, then she was going to have to stay on guard for the inevitable. She wouldn't fail this time.
    Penumbra
    Penumbra
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Penumbra Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:27 am

Faraway Island | Noon | 22

The Eevee frowned to himself, ears pressed flat against his skull. It was almost kind of funny- despite being in such a dangerous situation moments prior, and having a colossal undead in such close proximity that could potentially snap at any moment, it was the arguing that was causing him more discomfort than anything else. His claws sank and unsank into the dirt beneath his feet repeatedly, Oracle directing his gaze firmly downwards in an attempt to avoid making eye contact. Ugh, how ridiculous of him- how weak. What would his Mother say if she saw him now, cowering in such an embarrassing way?

"Even if we did try fighting back, there's no way we could win." The Eevee said quietly, trying to avoid drawing too much attention to himself- particularly from the Pokemon he was speaking of. "Especially not without sustaining casualties. Sometimes the smartest thing to do in a fight is not to fight at all." To be honest, Oracle didn't exactly trust the undead not to snap at one point or another, but so long as they weren't around to deal with it, he couldn't have cared less.

"Mah name iz Tinwee-Dawaguon. What his yours?" He raised his head at the sound of the Vaporeon's voice, a gentle smile somehow finding it's way onto his features despite himself. It was good to see someone taking the initiative, even better to see it was TinyDragon. His brief happiness didn't last, however, his expression turning sour when Lone decided to add his two cents. "You'd think you don't even know the language you speak! Let me guess, her next line will be where are you from?"

"I don't see you jumping at the chance to introduce yourself." The Eevee commented dryly. Once Abby was done speaking, he chimed in with his own name. "Oracle."
    Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Moon Moon Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:03 pm

Daytime Funtime! A Very Faraway Island! 8
    ((will edit into better post))
    Oh, what a simple question! And a polite one too-they were definitely getting somewhere! But, when the reptile opened his mouth to speak he could not find the words, scrunching up his face in confusion. What is his name? It was right on the tip of his tongue but, he couldn't quite remember. Goodness he must have looked ridiculous. At Lone's snide remark his befuddlement was interrupted with minor annoyance, but he brushed off his aggression by figuring that the ghost had a thorn in his paw or something else uncomfortable. Nonetheless, he gathered that the vulpine was not a very nice Pokemon. After that, he was back to his first problem. What on earth was his name?
    "I umm. Huh. I think it's-" He can't keep stalling he'll look like a buffoon! Closing his eyes he tried his best to scrounge through his memory, delving deeper even though it wasn't particularly comfortable. At last he had an answer, and looked up with a confident cheer.
    "Darlin' calls me Maggy! Nice to meet 'cha!" Creeping forwards on his stomach, the reptile slowly approached closer, though still kept some distance on account of Loneliness. Staring intently at the vaporeon's face, he silently mouthed the name he heard, repeating it several times in a hushed whisper.

"Tini-? Tinee...Tinwee. Dagon. Tinwee Dwagon. Little fish friend."

Smiling with comprehension, he did much the same with Oracle and Abby. Puzzlement returned once again however when he got to the ghost, tilting his head since he didn't quite catch what he was called. To be honest he was a little afraid to ask, so he just turned away for the moment to give him the needed space, crawling over to Rokai with an intent gaze, already trying to burn the canine's visage into his memory. "Who are you?"
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:00 pm

Faraway Island | Noon | 49

Why the fuck is this a thing why why WHY  Not for the first time, Caine lashes his tail, ignoring the scratches that bite into his tail from the vicious movement.  

What the hell is he doing!?  Why is he just hiding here like- like a coward!?

Gee I dunno maybe it's because I'm not fucking suicidal!?  God knows he has been, yes, but he has something to live for now- someone to live for- and he refuses to meet his end at the jaws of that blue and purple piece of shit that looms over him.  There's nothing wrong with hiding.  Right?

... But it hasn't eaten anyone yet.  It's.  Talking.  And Abby and Oracle are still out there.  Near it.

Shit what do I do shit what do I DO.  If he goes out to Abby and Oracle, and the gator snaps, he will die.  No debating that.  If it attacks, he will die.  If he dies, he won't find Oliver.

But if I don't...  

How could he ever look Oliver in the eye, knowing he let people die?  And didn't even fucking try to stop it.  

Can't do that.  

He forces himself from the bushes, giving his body a quick shake to dislodge leaves and sticks.  He doesn't look at the gator.  Instead he glances for a flash of white and a flash of brown and begins to pace the area between them, faint growls leaking from his throat.

Calm down.  You can't fight this thing.  Calm down or it's gonna eat you in one bite.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]19 Badges[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    little fairy

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:13 pm

Faraway Island | Noon
    TinyDragon 96 | Loneliness 59

The skunk was not having it. Without another word he turned tail and left, not about that undead pet life or any implication that came with it. Lone gave a small grunt but was not surprised- at least that guy had a brain, unlike everyone else. Can't say I blame you. Katyusha padded out after him, probably trying to ask him to stay for their protection or some shit. Good luck with that. She'd be back, ears low and tails between her legs with no partner in no time. After all, she couldn't just leave; he had all these Pokemon eating out of his paws! "It's great that she can speak at all, Lone," Well, in a sense at least. With a dismissive flick of one wrist Lone snickered to himself, "Oh yeah, she's doing a real great job of it too."

Not put off by the Vaporen's commendable attempt the undead managed to put together a response. "Darlin' calls me Maggy! Nice to meet 'cha!" The Phanteon's muzzle twists in disgust. Darling? Who in the fuck would call this abomination darling? TD gave it a polite nod while the beast looked over the other Pokemon with interest sparking in its dank eyes. It moved closer, and while it made the Phanteon's neck fur rise he gave no other reaction. "Who are you?" It asked him directly, the stench from its maw forcing more fluid out of his eyes. "Jeez bruh, take a mint." he hissed, body tilting backward while draping one paw over his snout. "I don't see you jumping at the chance to introduce yourself." Oracle slighted cautiously. Even the Eevee? Rolling his eyes around Lone looked venomously at the fox as he introduced himself to the gator. Well then.

Getting back to his feet Lone swished his tail as he spoke down to his lesser evolution, "Jumping at all would probably be a bad idea in front of 'em." Standing firmly in front of the undead brute with his own set of dead crimson eyes he waited several heartbeats before answering with a callus tone. "The names Loneliness. Lone, for your flabby tongue." Was this really happening? Casting his gaze over his fellow Pokemon the Phanteon let out a long, quiet sigh. The ruffled pelts, wide eyes, and twitchy bodies were clear to see and told a story the others didn't want to admit- they really weren't okay with this. "Well, now that that's out of the way," flipping his head around he looked square at TD, words slow and deliberate. "What's next, oh magical beast tamer?"

The quivering in TinyDragon's legs finally stopped as her muscles tensed up. Heat pulsed from the tips of her fins. I don't know! It wasn't like this was a truly normal conversation- she couldn't really ask him where he came from or, more politely, if he was.. hungry.. Oh.. The Vaporeon gave a rough swallow, suddenly aware of the berry trees they were standing under and condition of her friends.

What if he's hungry. Her aqua eyes widened with panic. What do we do then? Had he been hunting and targeted them but stopped when they didn't run? Forcing a smile to remain on her muzzle TD grinned at the gator. No, no that couldn't be true. The gouged marks on the tree and scars in the earth were not aggression driven. He's okay. He's okay. Everything had been curious if not playful! "Do vuo uhm.." What could she even say? Past its name, thank the legends that it remembered that, there was a good chance they did not want to hear the answer to any other possible question. "Vehr vere vou trying to go?"
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:06 pm

((OOC: Skip please. I'm sorry I couldn't post this round, but I'll try and get something up next round or I'll edit this into a post later.))
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:24 pm

Faraway Island/Noon [29]

Oracle quietly gave his input on the situation, "Even if we did try fighting back, there's no way we could win. Especially not without sustaining casualties. Sometimes the smartest thing to do in a fight is not to fight at all." Abby nodded her agreement, and she believed that the Eevee was absolutely correct; they weren't strong enoug to beat it despite their numbers. What they needed was to somehow get away, but she wasn't sure how to do that. It was so desperate to make friends, that it might take offense at them running away.

Lone laughed at Abby's rebuke, "Oh yeah, she's doing a real great job of it too." That was so mean.

She snapped back, "She actually is. She can communicate fairly well." It was saying something that she was actually debating this while an undead was nearby, but she couldn't help it. People who made fun of disabilities rubbed her the wrong way, and Lone was making fun of a commendable effort.

The undead, thankfully, was focused on other matters, such as it's name. It didn't seem to be able to recall it, "I umm. Huh. I think it's-" Despite everything, she couldn't help the pity she felt for the unfortunate creature. It was losing itself in more ways then one. After a moment of deliberation, something finally seemed to click, "Darlin' calls me Maggy! Nice to meet 'cha!" The mention of a "darling" made her feel even more sad. It once had a family or a mate, and now only barely remembered basic facts. It was so painful to see what was likely a sweet creature in such a terrible state, and her pity for the creature caused her eyes to tear a little. She quickly wiped her eyes as the creature slowly crawled forward on its stomach towards TinyDragon, and her feathers started fluffing up in an unconcious threat display. Unfortunately, at barely two feet tall, and most of her body mass being feathers, this wouldn't do much to actually deter anything.  It quietly repeated TinyDragon's name several times, as if it needed to remind itself, "Tini-? Tinee...Tinwee. Dagon. Tinwee Dwagon. Little fish friend." It then proceeded to do the same to Oracle and herself, and her feathers stayed standing on end during the whole affair. It then turned away for a minute, and then asked Lone, "Who are you?"

The closesness of the undead's maw would have been unnerving to Abby, but the Phanteon simply snarked, "Jeez bruh, take a mint." The Togetic was getting nervous; she didn't know if mocking the undead would make it mad, and they really didn't need an angry undead that was twice their size, had a type advantage, and much more powerful than they were.

Oracle reprimended the ghost eeveelution, "I don't see you jumping at the chance to introduce yourself." She hoped that as long as the undead thought that they were on its side, it would be fine.

Abby heard something behind them crack and snap, and she suddenly turned her head to see what it was. It was Caine exiting the bushes and shaking out his fur. The one-tailed Ninetales was still there, and Abby felt a wave of relief that helped her feathers fall back to their normal positions. She wouldn't have blamed the young Ninetales for wanting to get away from this situation. He had someone to find, and if this thing snapped and killed him... She couldn't let that happen. He started pacing the space between her and Oracle and growled lightly.

Her attention turned back to the conversation between Lone and "Maggy" as the Phanteon finally gave his name, "The names Loneliness. Lone, for your flabby tongue." Again with the rudeness when it might be inopportune, she sighed, but otherwise didn't indicate her disapproval. With even more sarcasm directed towards TinyDragon, Lone said, "Well, now that that's out of the way. What's next, oh magical beast tamer?"

The young Vaporeon's shaking stopped, and it looked like she was tensing. She doesn't know what else to ask. What do you even ask an undead who could barely remember its name? TinyDragon bravely put on a smile as she asked, "Do vuo uhm..  Vehr vere vou trying to go?" Well, it could work, and she certainly didn't have any better questions.

As they waited and listened to the Feraligatr's response, Abby thought she heard something approaching. Her feathers started to raise again as she turned her head toward the sound. Whatever it was was approaching from the side. Maybe Marvin or Katyusha decided to come back? Large brown eyes peered into the foliage, and she suddenly realized it sounded like a large group was approaching. Far too many for it just to be the Skuntank and the odd colored Ninetales. "Something's coming," she stage whispered and hoped everyone else heard. Her feathers began to spark as she charged a Thunderwave. She looked more desperately, and then the first Pokemon, a Linnone, came lurching toward them. The glowing red eyes and purple splotches gave it away as undead even before the smell hit. She discharged the electricity in her wings towards it, and when it staggered, its form glowed a faint blue as she used Psychic to throw it into the large group that came out after it. The body crashed into the others and managed to knock a few off kilter, but they were still coming. She jumped into the air, and floated between the horde her group. She kept tripping Pokemon by suddenly immobilizing their decrepit limbs, but she wouldn't be able to keep them at bay forever. There was too many. She shouted over her shoulder, "Horde!"

((Cinder gave me permission to bring in some undead to liven things up. It's a pretty big sized group so be careful.))
    Penumbra
    Penumbra
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Penumbra Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:32 pm

Faraway Island | Noon | 23

A patient smile was directed the undead's way as he tried to pronounce Oracle's name. Allowing himself to relax as the tension in the air seemed to dissipate, if only just a fraction, the Eevee's mind slowly began to drift. All of those berries we gathered... He thought to himself, a glance shot in the direction of the trees. Are they still there? Or did they get trampled in the chaos? It would have been disheartening if their efforts to gather food ended up being all for naught, especially if their findings ended up so cruelly snatched away from them at the last possible second. Then again, I suppose that's just life, huh? A rather mild approach to things, but there was no use in getting frustrated over circumstances beyond his control.

The Eevee's ear twitched, almost as if on reflex. While he had been paying partial attention to the conversation at hand, his sensitive hearing had picked up a distant sound that caused him to pause. Sounds like... Thumping? His gaze drifted, trying to see if any of his companions had noticed anything odd, before settling on Abby. "Do you hear that," he had wanted to ask, but never got the opportunity to.

"Something's coming."

He didn't get a chance to respond, the first undead made it's grand appearance before the words even got a chance to leave his mouth, the creature greeted with a blast of paralyzing electricity. "I... It looks like there's a lot more where that came from..." Claws sinking determinedly into the dirt beneath him, Oracle fired off a Shadow Ball into the crowd. A fighter he was not, but that didn't mean he couldn't damn well try. "What do we do?! Stay or go?" Oh, he sincerely hoped they could manage to at least stick together in the face of such a terrible threat; getting split up would only lead to more trouble.

Another Linoone, sickly and covered in gore, burst forth from the group, and headed in the Eevee's direction. On reflex, Oracle shot to the side, spitting a mouthful of Toxic into the creature's face and intentionally aiming for the eyes.
    Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Moon Moon Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:14 pm

Daytime Funtime! A Very Faraway Island! 9

Pausing at Tinwee's question, the reptile's mind was once again in full motion to try and find the words to describe what his intentions were, and what actually were his intentions in the first place. This came to him much more easily than recalling his name however, and he stated his reasons cheerfully. "I was nappin' but then the sun came out and woke me up, sos after then I got up and decided to go walkin' looking for monsters but I found you instead! A very nice surprise for me." Tilting his head in confusion at his company's sudden apprehension, with the words used being beyond his comprehension. He soon came to find what emotions lay behind their actions, springing to his feet he stared strangely at the Linoone, his mind being muddled by affection slowing his violent impulses. "Mmmwhaa? Who-?" Before he could get his wits about him the undead was seized and cast aside into a large group of rotting corpses. Not friend. Threat. ThreatTHREATTHREAT

His heart would have raced if the reptile still had a pulse, erupting in a bloodcurdling screech, spewing out putrid air and blackened lumps of coagulated blood. These were swept aside by his charging form enwrapped with water, moving at a blinding speed while the corpse hurled itself into the fray. Burying its' fangs into the dark canine in its' grasp, the crocodile latched onto the Mightyena's neck and made good work of its' toothy maw. Tearing into the blighted flesh with meaty squelch, soon made into a medley with the sound of shattering bone when the reptile thrashed its' head, violently severing the canid's neck, but of course the brutal crocodile did not cease until their body was fully decapitated. All of this took all the matter of a few seconds, and in that time the Feraligatr himself had his opponents rending his own flesh. Deep bite wounds that tore into the mottled skin and oozed with corruption, egregious if not possibly deadly inflictions. They were of little concern to the walking dead who had already died to infection, and as such were not even considered while the predator leaped onto its' new victim.
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:14 pm

Faraway Island | Noon | 50

Lone's "attempts" to befriend the undead croc made Caine want to slam his head into the nearest hard object, preferably until he passed out.  Blaming the other fox wasn't entirely an option--it's not like Caine would be any more polite, really--but still, if you can't talk to the thing in a way that's placating, how about not fucking talking to it at all.

That's always an option.  Why are we standing here TALKING TO IT.  His tail lashes the ground again.  Why can't we all RUN THE FUCK AWAY.  Sure, it wouldn't exactly scream "heroic," but it's big and very undead and regardless how friendly it's behaving right now, it will snap eventually.

Caine would prefer if no one was around when that happened.  Not even the jackass of a skunk deserved that fate just for being rude.  He's fine with the asshole being knocked down a few pegs but not with him being eaten alive.

... Speaking of which where the fuck is he?  Caine frowns as he stops pacing to sit and glance around.  Huh.  No sign of him.  Did he bail?

Dick fucking move if he did.  On the other hand if the smug purple shit wandered off with the intention of coming back and got eaten, he's gonna feel a little bad for the ill thought later.

AND I STILL DON'T KNOW WHERE NOKES- JAVLOLT!  JAVOLT IS!  Too many are vanishing.  This island is a goddamn death trap.  

And yet they're still on the damn thing, trying to talk to this undead croc, instead of fleeing and hiding for a bit and then searching for a way off this tropical mudpit of a rock.

Wait what's that?  He stands again, ears and tail erect, as a scent tickles his nose.  It's not a pleasant one.

At the same time, sounds tease his ears.  What the hell?  He cocks his head and listens, smelling the air.

"Something's coming."

Hell yes something is coming.  Did one of the missing people come back?  It'd be nice to know this place isn't a complete death trap.

Wait.   It's stronger now and he recognizes that scent...

Rot.

"Horde!"

No sooner than she screams it than the horde is there.  Yowling, Caine spits fire at anything that comes within range, fur standing on edge all along his back, hackles raised.  No, no, he did not come this far to die here!  Hell no!  

Though the fox doesn't realize it, he's lucky.  The Pokemon approaching him are grass types; they incinerate easily.  The quick dispatches allow for him to notice when a streak of cream and brown and red and purple starts going after a different little shape of cream and brown.  There is barely any thought behind the action, the fox darting over to Oracle--feisty child just launched a blob of poison right into something's face, and he's quick to spit a generous amount of flames at it.  The Linoone does not go down as easily as the flammable grass types, however, and Caine keeps spitting fire.  "DIE FUCKER DIE!"

little fairy

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:24 pm

Faraway Island | Noon
    TinyDragon 97 | Loneliness 60

Lone only snorted back at the pixie, disregarding anything impressive within the entire situation. Someone was gonna get hurt from this shit and he would relish every moment of it. Even if ti was him! But as the Feraligatr continued its attempt to recall things Abby suddenly picked up on something much more important. "Something's coming," Cranking his neck around to peer through the trees the Phanteon half-expected to see one of their runaways, a number in which was climbing, but the first Pokemon to come into sight was nothing of the sort. The Linoone was sick, rotten, and engulfed in the sickness as it charged toward them before being picked up and tossed back by the Togetic into a large pack of Pokemon. "Horde!" She cried though that was clear enough to the ghost type already.

"Well shit," Lone snickers, flicking his claws forward, "Looks like your stories gonna have to wait." Tensing himself the Phanteon prepared to charge, internally admitting that the Togetic was doing a fair job at holding the group back. The undead were more crafty then that though, with a few darting and weaving out of the group. Oracle let loose a couple of attacks, which Lone cursed that he could have, and the eeveelution took advantage of his ally's gimped target. The Linoone bucked and flailed its thick-clawed paws as it struggled with the temporary blinding from the Toxic. Ducking to the side of it he sunk his fangs into back and shook wildly, amazed by how different this felt from last time. Fucking Linoone. His last encounter with these things had ended in his expiration. A painful, twisted expiration. They had had the upperhand in size previously but now, he if so desired, the rodent could end up as his prey.

Tossing it to the side Lone pounced, digging his paws deep in its chest. A rage was already building within his muscles, the last encounter much too clear in his mind. The Linoone writhed beneath him, scoring cuts on the inside of the Phanteon's forelegs. "You fucker," he growled, grabbing one of its arms in his jaw, "I'll ram those damn claws up your fucking ass!" Shifting his weight entirely on top of the badger Lone jerked his neck back with all his strength while pressing against the Linoone with his paws. It have a gurgle hiss as the audible sound of bones snapping back Lone's ears. Shaking his head wildly he wrecked the limb further as his prey struggled, eventually wiggling enough to out from under the larger Pokemon. The Phanteon let go as it tried to slash at him, narrowly missing a claw to the eye. "Grow some balls and fight" He snap back at the others, making sure no one was being a little bitch.

Oh no no no no. Every one of the Vaporeon's fins pressed tightly against her blue form. Undead, here, now? They had been making such good progress with Maggy! Well, kinda.. and this was not going to help. What if this was the breaking point for him? I hope no one goes after him.. Then he'd have all the reason to attack.

Fear pounded in the back of TD's skull like a drum. What could she do! Lone's words hit her harsh if not personally. She wasn't that much of a delicate flower, was she?  A stream of fire bursts from behind the nearby foliage. Katyusha, Caine? Someone else entirely? Whoever was hiding was doing their part as well as she- Maggy let loose a horrifying roar and launched straight into the fray, a feeling that resonated deep in the deaf youth's chest. For a terrifying moment the Vaporeon thought he was going after Lone but the shape in his reptilian jaws was too dark for that and the Phanteon was going ham to the side.

Her paws were still shaking but they suddenly felt light while still planted against the grass. He's.. he's going after them? The Feraligatr fought with all the ferocity of an undead but his target was not hunger driven. The Mightyena was ripped apart, a sight that she had to shy away from as nausea flooded her stomach, and the beast took on a new target. A new undead target. He's helping us he's really helping us! Elation spread through her toes and up her legs. Despite being an undead Maggy really was friendly, an ally! If he will fight for us so will I! Though she was not much of a fighter the Vaporeon could at least defend herself. Flipping around she looked for the closest undead before kicking wildly with her hind paws to throw a flurry of Sand Attack in its wake.
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Mon May 02, 2016 7:37 am

((OOC: I am so sorry. I just spent three hours on my post and then lost it all. Instead you get this lack-luster thing because I can't write it all again. Once again, I'm sorry.))
    |Faraway Island|Noon|
    |35|
    There were undead everywhere. Rokai threw a Protect bubble up, the green shimmering barrier protecting him from a Linoone that lunged at him. It's decaying snout hit the Protect and made it bounce back, shattering the barrier in the process. Wasting no time, Rokai lunged at the undead, his paws hitting it's side with a Retaliate, scoring deep gashes down it rotting flesh and sending it rolling in the process. The thing wasn't done there, as it got back up and lunged at Rokai once more, going fro his face. Clicking his teeth to set them alight, Rokai sidestepped the Linoone and grabbed it's shoulders in his teeth, throwing it to the side after his Fire Fang set its rotting fur alight, burning the undead horrifically.

Throwing up another Protect, Rokai flinched as the burnt and mangled undead still attacked him, it's decaying body throwing chunks off as it moved. The Protect shattered like glass around him, and in that moment, Rokai disappeared from view, appearing next to the Linoone with Faint Attack, bringing his claws down it's face to finish the thing off. Gasping for breath, Rokai stepped back, throwing another Protect up as he stood, catching his breath from the quick succession of attacks. Looking around, the hellhound could see everyone giving it their all to defeat these creatures, even TD, who was flinging dirt and ash into the undead's faces with Sand Attack to blind them.

Gritting his teeth, Rokai dropped his Protect and jumped back into the fray, using Faint Attack to draw up beside an undead Oddish, his claws trailing shadows as he brought them down on the grass type, making the undead turn and attempt an attack, only for it's leaves to be set alight by Rokai's Fire Fang. Tossing the re-dead thing to the side, Rokai tossed out another Protect as he looked around with heaving breaths. We will get through this. We have to.
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Wed May 04, 2016 12:35 am

Faraway Island/Noon [30]

There are too many. There are too many. Abby was quickly wearing out trying to hold back some of the horde, and then she saw it. There was an undead Mightyena in the midst of the crowd of undead, and she panicked at the sight of the creature she wouldn't be able to stop. Then, as if an answer to her unspoken prayer, the undead Feraligatr, Maggy, roared and began to rip it apart. The gruesome sight made her quickly avert her eyes, for many reasons, and she narrowly dodged another Linoone leaping towards her. She floated higher above the fray, trying to see where her allies were, and she saw a few flaming undead bodies lying around, courtesy of Caine and Rokai. Since the horde was still huddled together, she got an idea. Her eyes glowed blue again as she picked up a still burning Oddish and began tossing all of the burning bodies into the mob. Grass types and some with fur caught alight, and even those that didn't catch fire still didn't take to having things thrown at them well. Unfortunately, this meant that she was attracting more than her fair share of attention, but she had confidence that they couldn't catch her while flying. She hadn't seen any feathered undead that could still fly in this group, and Maggy was causing an even bigger ruckus than she was.

Then she felt a heavy weight on her neck, and she plummeted to the ground. Her scarf tightened around her throat to the point of being unable to scream, and her eyes began to darken as she fell. She didn't see so much as feel the ground when she hit it, and lying prone, she almost didn't see what the culprit was. An undead Growlithe had leapt up and grabbed the burned edges of the scarf to drag her to earth; it still had a hold of the blue cloth, but it had released it when it now had living flesh it could bite down on. It lumbered towards her; the decaying limbs barely able to carry it now that it had broken them in its fall with her. Without the dead weight pulling on her scarf, she could snatch breaths again, but all she could see was the Growlithe that had brutally murdered Lyle and Cassandra. A feeling of hopelessness threatened to overwhelm her, and it would only be appropriate if she died the same way as the human she failed to protect. Living was getting tiring... Especially now that she no longer had her human and being alone hurt so much. There was no old Manectric to save her now.

However, like every living being, there was that fire of defiance at the idea of dying. Pale gold, brown, turquoise, black, purple. They might still need her. Her feathers sparked in retaliation, and the far too close Growlithe collapsed on her. It couldn't move anything in its paralysis, and she scrambled out from under it. She lightly tugged on her scarf so that she could breath properly before her eyes glowed again. This time, the body was lifted and then slammed into the ground with enough force that it exploded. Her now bloodied feathers carried another charge of electricity for the next attacker, and, seeing that Oracle had Lone and Caine protecting him, she flew over to TinyDragon and released another Thunder Wave on an undead that had gotten too close. Rokai and Maggy were handling themselves well, as far as she could see, but there didn't seem to be an end in sight to the horde. After her near encounter with death, she wasn't sure if they should keep fighting this. She cried out, her voice slightly strained, "Should we run?"
    Penumbra
    Penumbra
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Penumbra Thu May 05, 2016 7:07 pm

Faraway Island | Noon | 24

He backed away cautiously from his attacker, watching as the undead creature snarled and writhed in response to the poison sizzling away at it's face and obstructing it's vision. A disturbing sight, to be sure, but a sight Oracle had long since grown accustomed to after his introduction to the world outside his sheltered little clan. What should he do? Kill it? His Shadow Ball attack wouldn't work on a Pokemon like that, would it? And certainly Quick Attack was- contrary to it's name- far more useful for running away than doing much harm to an adversary. Thankfully, the Eevee didn't have to panic for very long- it seemed as though others had taken notice of the Normal type's predicament and reacted justly. Geez, he really did not envy that Linoone.

"... Thank you." It seemed as if Lone and Caine had both unofficially taken up the job of acting as his protector, something Oracle was as grateful for as he was ashamed of. I really need to pull my weight better, huh? He couldn't help but think, frowning slightly. True he wasn't much of a fighter, but there had to be some way he could contribute, even with what little power he had.

"Grow some balls and fight" Well, Oracle certainly didn't need to be told twice.

"Right!" No cowering. No waiting for someone to protect him. Crouching down low to the ground, the Eevee charged up a Shadow Ball and fired it into the thick of the rushing undead, quickly followed by another and another. It was all he could  really do, but damn it if he wasn't going to give it his all, regardless. There were other Pokemon in their little ragtag group that were better at fighting up close; it was smarter to leave that sort of job to the ones more suited to it. At the very least, his attacks could impede the crowd some, if only slightly. Abby seemed to be doing a pretty good job of that much on her own, however. Speaking of which...

"Abby?!" He looked over just in time to see the Fairy type go down, fear and adrenaline coursing through his veins. For a few long moments, the Eevee seemed stuck- frozen in place despite the danger and chaos going on around him. He spat a few mouthfuls of Toxic into the faces of any undead that drew too close, hoping his companions could finish the job. I can't see... He thought to himself, taking a quick glance in the direction he had last seen the Togetic in. I-is she...?

Soon, he got his answer- and thankfully it was the one Oracle was hoping to hear. "Should we run?"

"We need to stay together!" The Eevee called back. "I-I don't know if we'll be able to handle them all like this if they just keep coming!" Better safe than sorry, in either case. Certainly the ruckus came with a chance of drawing even more of the infected monsters to their position.
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Tue May 10, 2016 4:56 pm

Faraway Island | Noon | 51

"Grow some balls and fight!"

"Fucking way ahead of you!  You're in my dust with how far ahead of you I am!"  Caine has a moment's reprive to gasp that sentence out, the trash-talking, friendly or otherwise, fueling his determination to survive.  Fuck these goddamn dead things-- he's lived how many years of this goddamn end of the world shit.  He is not going to die now.  No, fuck that idea right in the ear.

He circles the perimeter of their group, spitting fire at anything that dares to get too close.  For the normal types that aren't burnt to a crisp, the intensity of the flames leaves them incapacitated long enough for someone else to finsh them off.  They're completely blind until then, stupid rotting husks of nothing, since they tend to look right at him when lunging and get a faceful of fire for their efforts.

"Why are there so fucking many of them!" he howls as he dispatches another undead that got way too fucking close to Abby for his liking.

No, seriously, why.  Or rather, how.  This isn't a very big island, right?  How in the shit are there so many!?

God, screw the undead Ralts that brought him here to this infested rock.

Wait wait wait where is-?  he stops in his frantic, manic assault to take a quick head count and finds-

The fairy he'd been looking at like five seconds before is now being dragged down by her scarf jesus fuck.  

NO!  

But as it turns out, she rescues herself faster than he can react to the situation, yanking on the scarf to allow herself some breath and then throwing it off of her with psychic.

"Should we run?"

"We need to stay together!  I-I don't know if we'll be able to handle them all like this if they just keep coming!"

"The kid's right; why the hell are we doing this!?  We've got nothing to defend but our own lives; let's just take that and run!  We can stay close and maybe lose them in the trees!"

little fairy

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed May 18, 2016 5:31 pm

Faraway Island | Noon
    TinyDragon 98 | Loneliness 61

Lone had finished off his Linoone and was reeling for more. He charged through the stream of undead, his Frustration utterly blinding him to all risk. Many of the undead did not have the reflexes to dodge him, being barrelled over or tossed aside as he clipped them. "Ya'll fuckers, learn to get paid!" It was too easy! All these Pokemon were fucking bitches just ripe for the taking. Lone stuttered to a stop, the rage fading, and panted as more Pokemon poured from the trees.

A Shroomish wattled forward, its beady red eyes blazing. With a snicker he charged it, digging his claws into its body as he prepared to bite. The undead made a gross gurgle, its stubby legs kicking as its head pour flexed. Lunging his head forward the Phanteon was a second from sinking his fangs through its brain when something shot out of the Shroomish and stabbed him in the throat. Surprise reeled him back, his forepaws flailing while flinging the mushroom to the side to spin out of control. "What the fuck!" he barked, clawing blindly at his chest fur. The Leech Seed clung to fur and dug deeper into his skin while vines rapidly grew and wrapped around his arm and neck. The sharp point on the seed pulsated pain throughout his body with a flash of light. "The fuck is this shit??" Lone growled, digging his claws under the vines though they refused to break.

Something slammed into the ghost's side and threw him to the ground. Forcing his vision to focus Lone could see a Poochyena a foot or two away Howling over its hunt. Lone writhed, the claws on one foot stuck under the vines and made standing difficult. Fuck shit dammit. The small hound clicked its fangs together and send sparks flying. Its red eyes went wide, ready for the kill, and it bolted toward him. "Fuck-!" Lone roared but the pain did not come. A blast of water shot over him and nailed the pup right in the throat. It stumbles for a moment, thrown to its knees on one side, and moved its gaze into its new aggressor. Lone's neck cranked around to see as well and his eyes grew wide as he saw the Vaporeon rush toward him.

The Poochyena growled, recovering quickly and coming at them again. TD shot around Water Gun and while it slowed the dark type it did not stop. "Piss," The Phanteon gasped, his eyes shimmering with darkness that soon coated the Poochyena. The hound came to a halt, head flipping around in a panic. "Off!" The darkness rushed inside the undead and it let out an audible gag. Lone would of laughed and enjoyed the show had it not been for the sudden intense pain that gabbed his heart. Agony swamped his vision, all awareness lost under an ice of suffering as he squirmed in the grass. What was happening? was he under attack??
    It only lasted a few moments before starting to fade but the Phanteon was struggling to breathe. His body shook and ached as though he had been hit by a truck and his heartbeat was going wild. "Wone!?" The Vaporeon whined at him. Had she been talking? Whatthefuckwasthat? Whatthefuckwasthat? There were no other Pokemon by him to of harmed him. Had he done that? He had used that plenty of times and nothing like that had never happened before...

A voice comes weakly into his ears, "Should we run?" Run..? His paws were trembling too hard to even stand. "Wone, get up!" The Vaporeon persisted, nudging his side with her muzzle to roll him onto his feet.  Lone's mind felt clouded, his thoughts unclear. Since when did she want to help him..? Shadows teased the edges of his vision but the Phanteon barely registered them. "We need to stay together!  I-I don't know if we'll be able to handle them all like this if they just keep coming!" Another voice came and TD managed to turn him over. What was happening..? Why was everyone whining?

Suddenly water splashed over his face and the daze cleared significantly. He flipped his muzzle toward TD, shocked that she had hit him, but saw nothing but concern on her face. "Pease get up!" She begged, grabbing a clean bit of his scruff and tugging until the ghost had to comply. It took a full effort from both eeveelutions for Lone to get back to his paws. The one that was stuck against his throat had come free but each leg wobbled as he stood. "Im fuckin' up." He grunted but his voice held no venom. Whatever that was.. now wasn't the time.

"The kid's right; why the hell are we doing this!?  We've got nothing to defend but our own lives; let's just take that and run!  We can stay close and maybe lose them in the trees!" Why did everyone want to run? What were they, bitches? What about the berries everyone had been gathering? Were they just going to leave those? But as the Phanteon struggled to get his breathing under control he could not disagree. This lot did not have the strongest spines and he was no longer up to par. "Wone.." TinyDragon spoke softly, her eyes shinning with concern, "We sood go." Letting his ruby eyes glaze over the other Pokemon Lone gagged on his own air. "Fine.." he chocked, raising his voice as best he could, "Everyone.. back to the cave..! Kill off anything, that follows!"

With that he staggered forward, unsure he if would actually be able to go back. TD moved in closer, offering her shoulder for support. Normally he would of snapped her ear off for such a thing but the Phanteon was in no condition to resist. Pain pulses through his chest again from the seed, making his steps even more labored, but he forces himself to continue. His eyes blurred an head swam but he did not fall thanks to TD. "Ranged attacks!" He hollered with a half-drunken cry. Everyone else could make it back.. but he wasn't sure if he could anymore.
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Sun May 22, 2016 8:58 pm

|Faraway Island|Noon|
    |36|
    The whole battle was just a blur to the shiny Houndoom. His whole mind was screaming at him to flee, to leave and not look back, but he braced himself and surrounded himself with a bright green Protect sphere.  Gritting his teeth, Rokai clenched his jaw so hard he felt the teeth creak. An undead smashed head-first into the green barrier, shattering it and falling to the ground. Wasting no time, Rokai hit it with Retaliate, his black claws hitting it on the back as he felt something give way with a snap as the undead's ribcage and spine shattered and gave way under him. Leaping off the cadaver, Rokai whirled around and leapt away from another attacking undead. An Oddish lunged at him, the hound reacting quickly by grabbing the purpling leaves on it's head and sparking his jaws alight with Fire Fang. The Oddish caught fire and began to flail madly. The undead's leaves tore and it started to run around wildly.

"Everyone.. back to the cave..! Kill off anything, that follows!" Letting out a grateful breath, the fire hound turned and ran, leaping over a dead tree and throwing up a Protect as he landed, deflecting a Linoone's attack and turning around and disappearing into thin air. Using his Feint Attack to get some distance, Rokai followed the other's retreating forms as they ran, using his Protect barriers at intervals to block any stray attacks before reacting with another Faint Attack to either flee or finish off the undead attackers. "Ranged attacks!" Well, he didn't have any ranged attacks, but he wouldn't leave them high-and-dry like that. Skidding to a halt, Rokai turned and threw up one more Protect barrier, the bright green transparent wall shimmering and pulsing with an impassable force.

Leaving the wall there, Rokai turned and ran, hoping to catch up with the others as he ran, following their panicked scents through the forest.
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Mon May 23, 2016 10:43 pm

Faraway Island/Noon [31]

Oracle was the first to respond to her cry, and he called back, "We need to stay together!  I-I don't know if we'll be able to handle them all like this if they just keep coming!" Right now, Rokai and Caine were doing their best to keep the undead away from their group while Lone and Maggy continued going to town on the horde. Unfortunately, it seemed like more and more undead kept coming from nowhere, and living Pokemon did have their limits before getting tired. Breathing still hurt at the moment, and she was wearing herself out very quickly.

Caine was having decent luck, but he agreed with Oracle, "The kid's right; why the hell are we doing this!?  We've got nothing to defend but our own lives; let's just take that and run!  We can stay close and maybe lose them in the trees!" She nodded in agreement, but didn't have time to say a response as she dodged a spray of poison. A Gloom lumbered towards her, and she saw powder floating around it. She didn't know which powder attack it could be, but all of them inflicted some sort of status. None of which her group needed to deal with right now. Hoping that it might continue trying to powder her, she used Psychic to lift it, and she threw it over the horde. Unfortunately, a good portion of the horde was grass typed, but the others showed signs of sluggishness.

The Gloom had taken her eyes off TinyDragon and Lone, and when she turned her attention back to them, Lone had vines wrapped around his body, and TinyDragon was trying to get him to lean on her. At first it seemed like he was going to refuse, but he quickly gave in to his weariness. The Spectreon looked as if he could barely stand, and he spoke as loudly as he could, "Everyone.. back to the cave..! Kill off anything, that follows!" He staggered away from the horde while leaning on TinyDragon, and as an afterthought yelled out, "Ranged attacks!"

The Togetic was full of concern for him, and she was ready to offer her assistance. However, she needed to make sure everyone else followed, and it looked like TinyDragon was doing alright for the moment. Abby hovered closer to the ground so that she could fly beneath the tree limbs and follow the others, and as the group ran, the faster undead tried to catch them. At this point, Abby didn't bother trying to throw the undead with her Psychic anymore, she just broke their necks and kept moving. The cracking of bones made her flinch, but as she had to keep doing it, the sound slowly stopped bothering her. I have to do this... Rokai threw up one big Protect barrier between their group and the horde before he stopped fighting and went after Lone and TinyDragon. After ensuring that Oracle and Caine were also in the fleeing group, she hovered near the back of their party. She thanked Arceus that her kind didn't have to expend much energy to fly; so many uses of Psychic had drained her mentally and physically, and she was breathing more heavily at the exertion. If she had to use Psychic again, she was likely to give herself a headache at best, or make herself pass out at worst. Her flight wobbled slightly at the thought, but she couldn't let herself falter now. The others still needed her to fight.
    Penumbra
    Penumbra
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Penumbra Wed May 25, 2016 10:39 am

Faraway Island | Noon | 25

"Everyone.. back to the cave..! Kill off anything, that follows!" Oracle certainly didn't need to be told twice. As much as he wanted to think that they could clear out the threat on their own- and that all of their efforts to gather food weren't for naught- it was obvious trying to stand their ground would only get them all killed. Better to live and fight another day, huh? That didn't mean he had to be very happy about it, but what right did he have to be upset? The Eevee had been trying his hardest to be helpful, but it was obvious where he stood- at least to him- among the other members of their little group.

"Ranged attacks!" Well, at least there was something he could do.

Falling into line with everyone else, Oracle fired Shadow Ball after Shadow Ball at their pursuers, even after the gathered energy began to prickle his raw mouth uncomfortably. Everything was a blur; in between his increasingly feeble shots, he glanced around, trying to keep tabs on everyone, but with all of the chaos it was simply too difficult. I don't... Think anyone is missing? Though he could have always been wrong. We need to lose these guys before we make it back to the cave. He didn't want to even think about what could possibly happen if they weren't able to.

Thankfully when it seemed as though he had reached his absolute limit, a green barrier shot up between their little group and the undead. Taking it as his cue to leave, he allowed the last Shadow Ball to fizzle out and focused his attention solely on running away. "I-is everyone here?!"
    Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Moon Moon Mon May 30, 2016 12:04 am

Daytime Funtime! A Very Faraway Island! 10

To say that the crocodile wrought havoc would be an understatement. Tearing through his opponents with a blatant lack of self preservation that only a corpse could have, the reptile reveled in his own brutality. Free from pain, regret, or even mercy the monster rushed further into the bloodbath, his wheezing lungs bellowing out both rage and enthusiasm in a laughter that tore the creature's vocal cords. After so long he was right. Now he had a purpose, and the sheer joy that it brought him further fueled his frenzy, crying out ecstatically at another shower of coagulated blood erupting from a raticate's severed neck, blackened and indistinguishable from bile it clung to the creature's ragged hide, only to be washed away from a flood of water when the beast tackled into a group of the dead. Thrashing his limbs he tore himself free from the rotted vines that tried to constrict him and lunged, embedding his claws deep into the offending gloom and crunched it into chunks. Glee mingled with hatred and the underlying blood lust, when all rational thought had long since fled the toxic cocktail was the only thing keeping his emotions existent. He would protect his friends. He would make them happy and then they'd love him.

By chance, the reptile took a moment to look for approval, and found his audience to be absent entirely. The joy and pride that surged through his system suddenly went dry, and the creature's bravado ceased like a plug had been pulled. Suffering a few bites to his flesh due to his inactivity, the corpse suddenly felt just as lifeless as he truly was. Startling at the spark of something like what was there before, as it grew he slowly processed it. It was bitter and empty, like his need for flesh but it hurt. It hurt because something wasn't there. Any sensation other than the unending hunger had become foreign to him and the emotions had overwhelmed him in their scope, but in their absence now the feraligatr only craved it's return. While the crocodile was self absorbed time had marched on without him, close to a half hour passed and he was alone. The other corpses having wandered away from his carcass in pursuit of more appetizing meals. Alone. Alone. The more he contemplated that phrase the more he disliked it. Alone. His disgust only increased with the passing seconds, quickly becoming agitated in his befuddlement. Alone? What is it why is he alone-Where are his friends-Friends. FRIENDS. Letting out a loud hiss, he finally roused himself and darted his gaze all over the place, his vocalizations increased to a soft scream while he realized what the situation was. In the void of thought panic took precedence, and the crocodile scrambled in blind fear and sought his precious company. Gasping for breath he followed the scent of life, and sighting the cave broke into a gallop.

"MaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH"
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:04 pm

Faraway Island | Noon | 52

For a minute it looks like the strange purple creature isn't going to listen, and the blood pounds in Caine's head as that moment hangs heavy with terror and outrage.  Because how dare this asshole have to think about running; what the fuck.  It's a losing fucking battle--

"Everyone.. back to the cave...! Kill off anything, that follows!"  Not a religious youth by any means, Caine nonetheless mouths a "thank you" as he turns his eyes skyward for a second.  Who exactly the mutter of gratitude is aimed at is anyone's guess; he sure doesn't fucking know.  

"Ranged attacks!" he yells out over his shoudler.  Caine waits a moment, firing off a few more flamethrowers.  When Rokai throws up a Protect, he bolts.  Now is the time to run.  

And as they run he can't help but be a little impressed by his stamina.  Sure he's fucking tired and feels like a tree fell on him, but he's still running pretty fast.  Fuck me, we might actually lose the horde AND the fucking crocodile.  That'd be goddamn perfect.  The group seems pretty rough and unfriendly but hey, maybe once they're not fighting for their fucking lives or having a Mexican standoff with godzilla, things will settle down.  

In the very least, he can put up with their asses for a while in whatever cave this is until he can leave.  

If I can leave. One: Fucking Island.  Two: Decent people here who could use another person covering their butts.

Even if he can find a way off, can Caine really leave Oracle and Abby?  And, fuck, he hasn't really gotten time to look any anyone else yet.  What if there's other people who could use one more pair of eyes looking after them?

When they reach the cave he flops over and just breathes for a bit, catching his breath.

A horrible noise interrupts his recovery, startling him so much he's not even completely sure it really happened.

little fairy

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:58 pm

Faraway Island | Noon
    TinyDragon 99 | Loneliness 62

With hard gasps in his restricted chest the Phanteon trudged on. His vision blurred, the green shrubs making way to the burnt section of forest in nothing more then a mess of colors and shapes. Would they make it? With such a mass of undead behind them they could be easily overran. Should they of just stayed and fought instead of fleeing like cowards? A hard wheeze escaped his chest as the vines tightened once more, though this time they were not accompanied by excruciating pain. At the sound TinyDragon pressed firmer against him and was soon the only thing keeping the dashing pair standing. "I-is everyone here?!" Oracle's voice barely passes over the roar of Lone's own breath and pounding blood. He attempts to turn his head back and look but the slightest movement brings massive dizziness to him. The muddled shapes and spinning sensation nearly throws the ghost to the ground but he manages to stay standing at the sacrifice of a reply.

It feels like an eternity has passed before the hidden cave and harsh slopes break through the treeline. Bursting into the clearing Lone staggers away from TD, stumbling forward before slumping to his side on the sandy cave floor. TD comes to a much more graceful halt, falling into a hunched sit as she panted heavily. Her lungs burned, legs quivered, and paws ached as she desperately tried to catch her breath. They were safe.. "Fuck.. that.. shit." Lone eventually gaped behind her but the Vaporeon did not see it. Turning her sights around the cave and the clearling she tried to get a head count and, though battle weary, none seemed to be missing aside from undead. All undead. Partial relief tingles in the tips of her fins. Even if Maggy was not with them at least no one had been killed...

The sun had risen high since the adjournment and no longer slipped far into the cavern but the grit remained warm beneath the Phanteon's bleeding pelt. Even now he felt darkness creeping in the corners of his mind, like he could pass out at any moment. Dragging his head upward Loneliness pathetically huffed, "Abby.. I could.. use some.. help.." A panicked sensation pulsed through his veins. Was he dying again? Other then his death he can not remember feeling so weak other then long ago. He near flopped his head over again had it not been for the tug of the vines across his tight chest. With a low growl he started to tug at them again with his free paw but he hadn't the strength to do much of anything.

Catching the fiddling in the corner of her eye TD rises to help. "he'et me, hehlpah," she panted softly, unable to hide her own exhaustion from the sprint and weight-bearing as her words jumbled worse then usual. Digging her own claws under the vines before snapping at them with her fangs she made quick but careful work of them. Away from their host the weakened vines submitted to her, even the jagged seed eventually came free as she yanked it. A splurt of blood followed and Lone barked vehemently, his jaws snapping, but after he eyed her with eyes wide with panic his lips slowly gave way to a simple, "Thanks." Then his head flopped back on the ground to rest, chest rising unhindered.

A gentle smile spread across the Vaporeon's muzzle. He can be kind. His pride may of been wounded as much as his body but at least he did not cast shade for it. The Vaporeon turns, looking to help anyone else though she can barely breath herself, when a vibration resonates through her entire being. The sound quivers in her paws, tantalizes her ear fins, and makes a deep feeling inside her chest. Something very loud just occurred... She stood frozen for several moments as the feeling slowly subsided. Aqua spheres darted to each of the horrified faces of her friends while searching for answers. They.. they were still in danger, weren't they?

Lone pulled himself forward, resting his chest on his elbows while he stared at the trees with narrowed eyes. There was no doubt that the sound was their undead 'friend' calling out for all to hear. What was not known was why. The hell do you want man.. Cries like that meant one of three things; the finding of a trail [during a hunt], a horrifying revelation, or the making of a kill. It had been pretty hellbent on befriending them, as idiotic as it was, so despite how instinctively terrifying that roar was he questioned if the precedent fear was any more then prejudice.
    The Phanteon struggled, his eyes falling on the Vaporeon who was slowly backing into the cave, her fins down and face fearful. "Well..." he grunted, pausing more for air then dramatic effect, "I think our friend finished them off the stragglers for us." It had been killing when they fled. Perhaps it stayed to finished them all? Fear pulses through his blood; he was as defenseless as those lesser undead right now. "We won't have.. to worry about those demons.. " Ease worms its way into his bones. The thing was proving more useful then he had thought. Taking in a deep breath he let it out as a sigh, finally feeling himself come down. "We should thank it.. when it ends up here.." Hopefully it kept its word and only wanted to be friends with them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:35 am