Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+2
Nightfall
renegade
6 posters

(ELITE) The METEOR Team

Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

(ELITE) The METEOR Team  - Page 2 Empty Re: (ELITE) The METEOR Team

Post by Snitch Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Deep Within Meteor Falls || Unknown [4]
    "Talking about yourselves now, are you?"

Merle had to hand it to the electric-type; that was quite the comeback. He quirked his brow, impressed, as his wolfish grin momentarily gave way for a short chuckle.
    “Heh, y’know that ain’t half-bad,” The Direyena offered a quick nod of his broad head, acknowledging the stranger’s wit. Props to ya, Sparky. The Arcanine’s response wasn’t quite as original though did prove equally as entertaining.

"It sure doesn't look to me like we were the ones being pricks, considering the expression of the Gardevoir, I'd say she would be more than happy to have us as allies and you two bugger off."

He could barely contain his growing anger and Merle thought it hilarious. The hound was grinning like a Cheshire, a mischievous spark in his red eyes as his instincts demanded him to pursue this simmering temper as only he knew how.
    “Hey, you don’t know what’s going on inside girly’s lil’ head – hell, she could find ol’ Merle quite charmin’. I mean, who could blame ‘er?” He snickered, looking back to give the psychic a roughish wink for emphasis. Still, he was reluctant to keep his eyes off the Arcanine for too long. This guy was a time-bomb and whilst he was more than eager to witness the explosion, he hadn’t any intention of getting caught in the blast.

Daryl remained tense throughout the exchange, body totally motionless save the soft rise and fall of his scraggly chest. However this small indication of life remained invisible, shrouded by the darkness surrounding him to give him the appearance of a blackened statue, with eyes focused, unwavering in their fixation on the two strange canines. The kids were harmless; the psychic and Raichu, perhaps not – but Daryl was forced to prioritise in this situation and recognised the canines as the greater threat, especially with Merle provoking them.

That, and perhaps a small amount of bias infected his judgment of the Arcanine in particular. Daryl had been a bright-eyed pup at the time of his mother’s death – suicide, Merle would vexingly insist – in the midst of a forest-fire. It was unintentional, in fact something he was quietly ashamed of, but he remained wary around creatures of such typing. Not scared, the brothers were fearless – but cautious, even more so than usual.

Still, one thing managed to tear his attention away from the canine. The soft whisperings of the Riolu. It was barely audible, but the Direyena’s sensitive hearing picked up one heart-wrenching sentence.  

“The scary dogs will kill me,”

It bothered him, evoking a quiet sense of guilt the canine was reluctant to admit he still possessed. His stony features, well-practiced in the art of deception, betrayed no emotion – nor any indication of hearing the hushed words at all – yet the pain was present, albeit brief and stifled. Daryl knew better than to dwell on something so trivial. It was always the same anyway. Even before the epidemic, the world had sought to isolate the brothers. If strangers didn’t fear them, then they wanted them dead. Friendship was a foreign concept and something the duo had survived just fine without.

He gave a sharp exhale, and with it banished his guilt.

Not my problem.

"I'm not wasting my energy; two scumbags like you taunting children and a woman for seemingly no reason aren't even worth my time,"

Thrilled for an excuse to get his claws dirty, Merle was soon surprised to find that the Arcanine had managed to silence his temper and instead chose to deliver a blunt dismissal. He simply trudged past, seeking to console the Gardevoir and in doing so ignored Merle’s plea for a fight. The Direyena just stood there a moment, staring dumbly into the dark space the fire-type had previously occupied whilst trying to piece together what had gone wrong. I’s sure he’d take the bait… He shook his head, smiling disbelieving to himself before finally shrugging away the failure. You’re losing your touch, Merle.

He would be lying if he said he wasn’t disappointed. Still, Merle had never been one to wallow in self-pity. He was determined for all the wrong reasons and was soon finding the challenge of breaking the mutt a more exciting goal. He had turned to pursue the fire-dog when a familiar snicker from the dark halted him.
    “The fuck you think you’re laughing at?” Merle snapped, fangs bared as he re-directed his internal frustration towards Daryl. The younger Direyena was relieved at the stranger’s decision to ignore his brother’s jibes, relaxed enough to permit a fleeting glimpse of an emotion many presume he lacked. Merle’s disappointment – drooped ears and open jaw – was a rare sight, and an expression Daryl found so alien it was unfailingly comical.
    “Whatcha think I’m laughing at?” He challenged impishly, savouring Merle’s indignation.
    “’Ey, fuck you! Whose side you meant’a be on anyway, huh?” Daryl silenced, affronted to have his loyalty questioned with such venom. Despite all the ups-and-downs of their relationship, they both knew damn well that Daryl’s loyalty was always unfaltering. Merle was his kin – the only bastard he gave two shits about in the whole world – and to have such allegiance quizzed was a slap in the face. It was a low-blow and one that Merle knew would sting.

"I have a feeling that we all have the same goal in mind, yes? These caverns are awfully dark and are not too fun to be in for a long period of time."

The canine Daryl had previously thought a Manectric – revealed instead to be some rare mutation of the species – unwittingly halted the growing hostility between the brothers, providing a distraction that evoked conflicting reactions. Daryl was pleasantly surprised at the stranger’s patience. He was offering a compromise of sorts, a temporary truce between civilization and a couple of hellhounds. It was a second chance.

"How about we all just take a moment to relax eh? No need for things to get heated.”

As distrusting as his instincts demanded, Daryl was working to make an exception for the electric-type. He was rational, offering an escape from confrontation in favour of an unsteady alliance and an opportunity to remedy initial impressions. The Direyena remained guarded as ever, but had relaxed enough to approach. He allowed the dim light to touch his face, illuminating youthful features made haggard by a cruel world. Dark circles lingered beneath not red, but soft, purple eyes, and an ugly scar spanned over the left side of his face – jawline to muzzle, a memento from an abusive trainer. He hesitated before speaking.
    “You know the way out of here?” Daryl kept his voice quiet, low and lacking his brother’s mocking tone. He got to the point, blunt but not unkind. He simply failed to understand the concept of small-talk, considering such social constructs as labyrinthine as Meteor Falls itself. Daryl saw only the importance of survival – and right now, the Delectroke appeared capable of aiding it.

Merle, in the meantime, had chosen to ignore the electric-dog’s suggestion of peace and had sought out a second round against the Arcanine’s self-restraint. He barged into conversation between the hero and child-laden damsel, standing uncomfortably close to the former so that thick, matted fur brushed against the canine’s own. Even Merle didn’t want to know what sort of monstrosities were lurking within his coat; the stale smell of blood and dirt left accumulating over the past few months becoming quite overpowering for those unfamiliar with it. Get a good whiff, sonny.

“She’s fine,”
    Merle spoke when the female did not answer. “Ain’t ya, princess? The nippers too,” He looked from the Arcanine to the makeshift family, noticing that the youngsters were still crying softly to themselves. It was a draining sight, reminding the dark-type of just how much he despised children. He ignored the upset, instead reaffixing his attention on the fire-type. However, his goals had changed in this short space of time.

Survivors were a rarity and Merle, despite his loutish manner, enjoyed the company. He didn’t want to befriend them, but it was something different – a break in the monotonous existence of the epidemic world. In fact, this was the most amount of fun he’d had in weeks. A little bit of eye-candy and a mutt to rub the wrong way - that alone was plenty initiative for the hound to change his approach.
    “Look, I ain’t the worst folk to come crawlin’ outta this place,” He started, taking a step back to allow the Arcanine an amount of personal space – a sign of goodwill in his eyes. “I’m alive, healthy, handsome; and I ain’t laid a paw on none of y’all. I was just a lil’ sore with you bargin’ in ‘n all, thinkin’ me some kinda brute,”

“But I think your pal Sparky’s got a point,” He looked back to where Delectroke and Daryl stood, the mischief in his grin stifled into appearing half-kindly. “We folks gotta stick together, play a lil’ happy families to get by,”
    “Merle,” Daryl spoke in warning, unsure of what exactly was going on in his brother’s head. One minute he’d been looking for a scrap, the next he was forcing his way into a group – a group that didn’t even exist yet. The younger brother was wary for the strangers’ sake as well as Merle’s own. It’d be easier if they just left. “Mer-“
    “Name’s Merle,” His discomfort went ignored as the elder sibling flashed a toothy smile, apparently determined to sustain this new, friendly guise. “This be my baby brother, Daryl. And on behalf of us both, we’re god-awful sorry for spookin’ or insultin’ or whatever we might’ve done to offend y’all,”
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:04 pm

Deep within Meteor Falls }|{ Time Unknown }|{  [32]

"Aww, don't cry little guy. Turn that frown upside-down! No ones going to hurt or leave you," The chirpy orange-furred pokemon said cheerfully. She had showed up at the same time as the hero dogs. Did that make her a sidekick?
    She didn't look too scary. Taph sniffs.
    What are your names?"
    "...I- I'm Alduin," The Charmander says from behind Alice. He sounds scared. For a moment Taph wondered if he too could see the bubbling aura of violent dark red that flowed around the scary dog's body.
    His aura sight wasn't very good and the flares of light seemed to extend far further from one dog than the other but he knew that a red aura was bad, especially if it was a dark red. That was how his father had looked when he failed a High Jump Kick.
    The hero dog looks over at him. Unlike the scary dogs his aura was a bright solid gold, like the light on the Charmander's tail.
    "You guys can call me Gale."
    "M-My name's Taph!" The Riolu blurted out.
    He clings tightly to Alice's shoulders, wiping one red eye with the back of one paw. A few stray hairs from his chewed bare forearms fall to the ground.

"I have a feeling that we all have the same goal in mind, yes? These caverns are awfully dark and are not too fun to be in for a long period of time. How about we all just take a moment to relax eh? No need for things to get heated." The bright golden dog smiles.
    Taph liked him too, he looked like one of the heroes in a comic book that had been dropped by a child visiting the tower. He hadn't been able to read the words but the heroes in the book had beat up the bad people and saved everyone.
    “You know the way out of here?" The other black dog asked. He looked scary but the aura of red wasn't as big as the other dogs. It might not be his aura at all; the two dogs were standing close together and it was dark.
    Taph rubs his eyes.
    “Look, I ain’t the worst folk to come crawlin’ outta this place.” The evilest-looking dog tries to protest. "I’m alive, healthy, handsome; and I ain’t laid a paw on none of y’all. I was just a lil’ sore with you bargin’ in ‘n all, thinkin’ me some kinda brute."
    Taph glares at it.
    You're lying He thinks. You're lying to everyone because you don't want to fight everyone at once.
    “But I think your pal Sparky’s got a point, We folks gotta stick together, play a lil’ happy families to get by. Name’s Merle, this be my baby brother, Daryl. And on behalf of us both, we’re god-awful sorry for spookin’ or insultin’ or whatever we might’ve done to offend y’all,” There was annoying little yawn to his tone, as if he found talking to be boring.
    Taph pressed his face to Alice's shoulder.
    "I just want to go home." he said in a small voice.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:22 pm

Deep within Meteor Falls | Current Time Unknown
    B'doke 7 | Riley 7

The Charmander replied albeit rather reluctantly, "...I- I'm Alduin,"  Alll-duuuu-iiinnn She pronounces loud in her mind. What an interesting name! The edges of her lips pull back even further in a smile knowing she would be hanging around an 'Alduin'! "M-My name's Taph!" The Riolu spouts soon after. Taph. It was short, simple, and different. Wide ears twitch with joy. What wonderful friends! Clapping her paws together the rodents head cocks to one side, cheering, "Its great to meet you!"

B'doke eyed the dark hound warily. For all his provocation he had not actually attacked anyone with anymore then jibes. It could fun a game before the kill, playing with your food, but something about his actual sneers told him otherwise. He's enjoying it too much. It was when the second hound spoke up and moved a bit more into the light that the large Delectroke's curiosity piqued. “You know the way out of here?” How straight to the point. With that one sentence the pairs intentions are clear- they too are lost in these tunnels. Doing what you can to keep calm, ey? It seemed to be true about everyone here.. well, maybe not the Gardevoir- they were just looking for the exit and nothing more. Why anyone would come into a cavern without knowing how to leave was beyond him. "You did mention retracing your steps," He nods, "Yes, it would seem Im the only one who has a grip on my bearings still."

The more sinister seeming hound speaks up again, “Look, I ain’t the worst folk to come crawlin’ outta this place. I’m alive, healthy, handsome; and I ain’t laid a paw on none of y’all. I was just a lil’ sore with you bargin’ in ‘n all, thinkin’ me some kinda brute,” If there was one thing about this Pokemon he needed to know was that he had a high ego and loved it. All about yourself now, arent you? His prude manner furrowed the Electric Types brow but did not get an initial response. "I dont agree with that." Riley argues, one paw on her hip and the other pointing at the canine. She breathes in for another statement but is silences as a massive golden paw clamps over her head and face. Two gold-and-brown ears fall in shame. She had disappointed him.. "You have kept your claws in check, yes." He mutters, pushing his paw back to draw Riley closer to his chest. That stupid comment could easily change that. “But I think your pal Sparky’s got a point,” A small choking grunt comes from the back of his throat. Sparky? "The names B'doke." He corrects despite being more amused then bothered by the previous nickname.

“We folks gotta stick together, play a lil’ happy families to get by,” Emerald eyes narrowed. No way was he going to be 'happy family' with this guy. Luckily, the other hound seems to have more sense and cuts the first one short, “Merle,” He growls, keeping the other in check. The tension is thick between them for a moment, practically given a physical form before the vocal hounds continues, “Name’s Merle. This be my baby brother, Daryl. And on behalf of us both, we’re god-awful sorry for spookin’ or insultin’ or whatever we might’ve done to offend y’all,” "Its cool," He barks calmly, trying to put there initial impression behind him.  

"What d'ya think? Should we help them out? I don't trust this pair as far as I can throw 'em, but they might actually just be harmless little shits." Gale asks. He hesitates, taking in a deep breath as he thinks. Just lost in the dark. The phrase pops up again. Jaws part, a tongue tapping against teeth when another voice interrupts, "I just want to go home." The canines heart lurches. The poor thing was terrified.. Ill get you out. If not for anyone else he would for Taph. "We're all in this for the same thing, right? Just trying to get out of these caves." His eyes sweep across the each Pokemon. Their faces did not lie. "I can show ya the way out if you want. I mean, unless you want to stay in here." He chuckles lightly, trying to keep the mood light, "If not, we can head back along this way, its where we came in. Riley and I can guide you." His massive head turns back behind him while gold toes pull back to show the Raichus face.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:19 am

((Err ... skip me for now. I honestly have no idea what to put [dialogue everywhere! *flails*] Alice is still holding Taph close, twitching and scowling at everyone. She won't really speak unless spoken to.))
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:47 am

Deep Within Meteor Falls || Unknown [5]

"You did mention retracing your steps,”
    "Yes, it would seem I’m the only one who has a grip on my bearings still."

Daryl barely moved, only offering a very subtle nod of his head – easy to miss – as he absorbed this information. The electric-type, B’Doke, knew where he was going, and that alone provided the incentive to stick around. He’d been big-headed to think he’d have been able to navigate the caves in this darkness, led only by memories of past voyages and pushed onwards by an inability to accept he was wrong. He was stubborn – as was Merle, but Daryl knew when to accept the facts. He accepted them now, quietly bitter at his own failure.

The larger and older Direyena knew not of his brother’s mistake, thankfully engrossed in working to form a union with these strangers for a very different reason; pure, simple entertainment. It was a selfish desire, one that Merle unreservedly embraced in order to satiate the looming threat of boredom.

"It’s cool," Was the Delectroke’s calm reply to Merle’s attempts of persuasion; a response so simple that the hound was a little disappointed at not having to further argue his case.
    “Well, alrighty then,” He smirked, expression half-disbelieving as he gave a shrug of his broad shoulders. ”We gots ourselves a team,” Casting a sideways glance to Daryl, Merle was expecting some sort of rebuttal from his sibling. He looked guarded, features as stony as ever but uncharacteristically, he made no effort to intervene. Merle took his response as approval, no matter how deceptive its execution. Daryl had always been opposed to travelling with others and his silence in the face of this prospective gang both pleased and unnerved his brother. It was suspicious somehow. His eyes narrowed slightly, frivolity wiped clean as he focused his mind on what secrets his sibling might be harbouring.

"What d'ya think? Should we help them out? I don't trust this pair as far as I can throw 'em, but they might actually just be harmless little shits."

Daryl heard Gale’s hushed query to B’Doke, not particularly appreciative of the canine’s terminology but could admit that it wasn’t the worst thing he’d been called. In fact, ‘harmless little shit’ seemed close to a compliment where the brothers were from. He awaited the electric-type’s response only to find his attention had shifted to the fearful Riolu. The sight of the two teary-eyed youngsters huddled close to the Gardevoir again threatened Daryl with that same nauseating feeling of guilt; the knowing that he had, to an extent, caused further harm to what were no-doubt already damaged goods. Every survivor was broken; they were lying if they thought otherwise. No man could experience the epidemic without picking up a few scars here and there, some deeper than others – but none as painful as they were for a child. Daryl, though never a family-man, understood that well enough.

He could excuse their crying, all their silent sobbing, simply because they were alive. They must’ve been bullet-proof to have gotten so far in this world; they were stronger than they looked, and Daryl admired that. His eyes, hard as they often were, seemed gentler as he watched the saddened trio.

"We're all in this for the same thing, right? Just trying to get out of these caves. I can show ya the way out if you want. I mean, unless you want to stay in here. If not, we can head back along this way, it’s where we came in. Riley and I can guide you."

Daryl found himself liking the Delectroke with each word that passed his lips, a small smile trying to fight its way onto the hound’s tired face. He resisted valiantly, hiding his relief, but there was no stopping the momentary warmth that flourished within his chest. They were going to get out. These creatures were charitable enough to let a couple of assholes tag along and ultimately escape this darkened prison, regardless of whatever contempt and distrust they already had towards the brothers. Daryl had to respect their patience; he didn’t understand their kindness, but he was thankful for it.

Merle found the electric-type’s response equally as amiable, though made no attempt to disguise a crooked grin tinged with mischief. Idiots. His gaze flickered to the Arcanine, wondering if he’d have anything to add – any special conditions or rules he wanted to establish for a couple of no-good hounds. It wouldn’t surprise him, though his silence was far more pleasing.
    “Well, I’m sold! Introductions’a been made, so we best make a move, eh?” He broke the silence with cheer, attention shifting from each creature that would now serve as his companions, his friends. He’d paid little attention to B’Doke’s sidekick – primarily because he hadn’t actually seen her – but her brief show of defiance earlier hadn’t gone unnoticed by the canine. Little Riley had a tongue on her when Sparky wasn’t putting a lock on it. Merle was curious to what other opinions she might want to share were she given the chance. He kept his red eyes on the Raichu as he called out to her bodyguard. “Lead on, B’Doke,”

Whilst Merle was content listening to the sound of his own voice, Daryl had moved closer to the two canines for a moment, back to the rest of the group so that one hound in particular would be unable to catch the movement of his lips. No doubt Merle would have a problem with a suggestion that Daryl only thought to be fair.
    “Y’know, we can tail ya – I mean if it’ll make y’all feel better,” His voice was low, a husky whisper as purple gaze shifted from B’Doke to Gale. There was little emotion to his tone, though his consideration to the sensitivities of the group couldn’t go unnoticed with the offer – even if he himself remained reluctant to admit it. He licked his lips, mustering a feeble attempt at a smile. “Don’t worry ‘bout Merle. I’ll keep ‘im in line,”
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:01 pm

Deep within Meteor Falls }|{ Time Unknown }|{  [33]
    "We're all in this for the same thing, right? Just trying to get out of these caves. I can show ya the way out if you want. I mean, unless you want to stay in here." The hero dog jokes and Taph manages a tiny smile.
    "A grand idea." Gale says with an equally joking tone.
    "If not, we can head back along this way, its where we came in. Riley and I can guide you.'A sudden jolt of pain flares in Taph's chest at the thought. They had a way out of the caves, he wouldn't have to be scared of the scary dogs anymore.
    "Alright. Fine by me. You'll lead the way, B'doke." So that was the golden hero dog's name. It sounded like a hero name.
    “Well, I’m sold! Introductions’a been made, so we best make a move, eh?” Taph frowns and clings tighter to Alice. There was something about the scary dog's tone that made him scared.
    "We know half of us are on board, but we haven't heard from the Gardevoir, or Alduin and Taph,"
    "I- I want to go out too, please Mr. Gale!" The Charmander quickly speaks up.
    "You tough guys must be tired. Want to hitch a ride? It's okay." The massive fluffy dog says as he bends down.
    "Don't fall now."
    Taph's breath catches in his throat. Suddenly his tongue seems dry. His paws rub over each other, causing more fur to shed.
    If there was a way out then his new friends would leave him. They would leave him or kill him or he would kill them when he turned into a monster. Taph's teeth clench tight together and a thick droplet of blood oozes onto the dark fur of his chin. His paws clench and release.
    "I-I..." I'm infected... The words stick in his throat, choking him.
    He has no tears left to cry.
    "I want to go with you..." He eventually says in a choked whisper, looking down at his feet. Carefully he steps down and walks over to Gale. Now he is on the ground it is obvious the curve of his spine isn't caused by him curling up against Alice's chest. With ears folded back and arms held close to his chest the tiny fighting type moves pre-flinched, trying to curl his body in on itself to reduce the amount of his body that can be hit. His shoulders hunch to protect his head.
    “Y’know, we can tail ya – I mean if it’ll make y’all feel better," The less scary of the scary dogs tells Gale.
    "That would probably be for the better. Merle still frightens the kids. Just make sure he doesn't do anything to them."
    “Don’t worry ‘bout Merle. I’ll keep ‘im in line,"
    I believe you."

Taph yelps. He doesn't want the scary dogs where he can't see them.[/color][/color]
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:22 pm

Meteor Falls/??? (5)

Alice listened, barely moving a muscle and forever holding Taph close, as the others conversed. A second Direyena had appeared, scolding the other for his behaviour. The tension seemed to fizzle out - well, it felt like it had - halfway through the conversation, Alice had stopped listening, instead descending into the trance-like state she often did when stressed. Her eyes stared into the darkness, blank and unmoving, while her mind whirled like a storm.

They'll take Alduin and Taph away from you. No one left to love, no one to hold on to. You'll be alone, all alone, while the others prey on you.

Alice was only vaguely aware that the Arcanine had stepped forward and had lowered his head to the Charmander. He was smiling.

He seems friendly.
    Tricks. Lies. He wants you to be alone. That way you are vulnerable. That way you are out of the equation. That way they can plan your demise.

"You tough guys must be tired. Want to hitch a ride?" Alice's head turned, very slowly, to watch as Alduin clambered up onto the great hound's back. She blinked for the first time in over a minute, letting tears that she didn't even know were there spill down her face. Her mouth was clamped firmly shut, her wide eyes narrowing into a cold glare. She pulled Taph closer to her.

"No. He wants to stay with me," she snapped sharply. That was fact.

Or is it?
    Taph won't leave me. He loves me. He--

"I want to go with you..." Alice's arms flopped down to her sides as Taph pulled away and approached the canine. More silent tears leaked from her eyes.

I told you so.

Alice wrapped her arms around herself and backed away into the shadows, biting her lip so fiercely she could taste blood. She was alone now. Alone and vulnerable. Prying, staring eyes bore into her, seizing up every inch of her. She had no one left to love, no one to protect, no one she could call her own. It's the Arcanine's fault. He's the one who wants to see you shrivel up and die.

Alice felt like she would be quite happy to do just that. She continued to back away into the shadows until she hit a wall. Down she slid, curling up as small as she could; maybe she would just disappear if she did this for long enough. She could save them all the trouble of plotting to get rid of her. Alice rested her head on her knees and sobbed. She hated being a burden.

Well?
    ...You were right.
    I am always right.
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:48 am

Deep Within Meteor Falls || Unknown [6]

"That would probably be for the better. Merle still frightens the kids. Just make sure he doesn't do anything to them."

Daryl’s attention shifted from Gale to the young fire-type buried within his mane, the Direyena’s expression hard to read but not unpleasant in nature. He understood the children’s fear – hell, Merle used to scare him back when he was a pup. It just took some getting used to. Despite the grim reputation that loomed over him, Daryl was confident his brother wasn’t wholly deserving of such judgement. He was an asshole, yes. But there was more to him than that. He might scare the kids in a bid to toughen them up, but he’d never harm them without reason. The brothers were nothing like their father.

"I believe you."

He gave a quiet grunt in response, the corner of his mouth twitching as the Arcanine’s grin worked to infect his stony demeanour. He was thankful the darkness helped disguise how effective it was proving.

Turning away in search of Merle, Daryl’s attention instead latched onto the Gardevoir. The female was cradling herself, hurriedly backing away from the dim light until the surrounding gloom consumed her. Despite himself he started towards her, confusion creasing his brow. However, he soon noticed he had a shadow. Merle moved aside him, a doppelganger quietly spurred on by an awakened prey drive.
    “Aww, princess. What’d that mean ol’ mutt say to ya?” The younger sibling halted quickly, straightening up in a bid to break off the predatory image that had overcome him. It had been unintentional, his movements spurred only by a genuine curiosity and perhaps a quiet concern to the female’s wellbeing. But alongside Merle, the two seemed as if they’d been closing in for the kill.

Merle’s attention hadn’t shifted from Gale – steadfast even when Daryl had momentarily obstructed his view. However, Alice’s sudden disappearing act was enough to engage the scheming canine. He skulked towards her, genuinely oblivious to what had caused this sudden shift in behaviour and deciding that Gale must have shared some brief words with her. The Charmander sat atop his head, and the Riolu was at his paws. A spot’a child-snatching, huh? He could hear her quiet sobbing.
    “Oh, petal - flower. We don’t need no tears,” He was close enough to see her hunched silhouette, but was prevented further intimacy by the sudden appearance of a wall of thick, matted fur. Daryl stood rigid in front of him, blocking both his view and access to the emotional psychic-type.
    “Knock it off already,” He growled, voice still characteristically level though now tinged with a simmering frustration. Merle snorted amusedly, taking a step back as he forgot his initial intention – now preoccupied with Daryl’s looming anger. Daryl’s gaze flickered momentarily to Gale, a warning of not to interfere.
    “I’m just tryin’a help. Someone’s got-“
    “That’s bullshit and you know it,”
    “Oh ho-ho, language, brother,” Though the brothers were no strangers to bickering, Merle was surprised at how quickly Daryl’s temper had emerged. His mischievous smirk began to falter as he caught the intensity of his sibling’s glare. “You really try’na tell me what to do? You want me to act all prim ‘n proper 'round these folks, huh? You wanna impress them? Show off for 'em?” He got closer with each spitting question, until the two snarling faces were inches apart.

“I want you to knock it off,”

It happened quickly, a sudden snarl and the two Direyena’s flew into the darkness. Merle had lunged forward, Daryl recoiling in time to avoid the canine’s snapping fangs but pushed backwards by his attacker’s weight. They were invisible in the gloom, their petty dispute going unseen as the group was left to recuperate in privacy. It had been Daryl’s intention all along. Whilst there was the added benefit of having an excuse to take a swing at Merle, he’d triggered the brawl to keep – as he promised – Merle ‘in line’ and away from proceedings.

The scraping of claws against rock and the guttural snarls eventually fell silent, replaced by a moment of deep breathing and finally Merle’s dirty laugh. Daryl’s own soft snickering followed.
    “Asshole,” Though brutal to watch, fights between the siblings were ultimately a sport. “That was my fucking ear,”
    “Don’t be such a pussy,” Merle laughed once more, grinning as he gave Daryl a rough shove – friendly between the brothers but quite vicious to anyone else. Daryl managed to keep his footing, stumbling only a little on impact as he trotted away to avoid another smack around the head. He knew Merle wasn’t above playing dirty.
    “Yeah, you better run,” It was a threat laced with humour. The exchange, though consisting primarily of insults and threats, was relaxed – a breath of fresh air from the tension that had previously saturated the canines. Letting off steam through violence was a coping mechanism carried from the brothers' youth; something proving itself ever more valuable throughout adulthood and well into the drudgery of the epidemic world.  

Though sporting a series of new cuts and scratches, Daryl was smiling. He stood a short distance from Merle, whilst the latter sat rubbing his bleeding ear – half-amused to find that the tip had been torn clean off in the scuffle.
    “Stings like a bitch,” Merle called with feigned moodiness from afar, tempting his brother’s grin to grow even wider. It did, briefly; eventually fading as Daryl’s attention affixed on the glow of Alduin’s flame in the distance – a beacon lighting the path to an escape from the caves. They would be hard to lose with that eyesore in their midst. And as Merle’s grumbling filled his ears, Daryl decided that they would be better off to stay detached from the group when all was said and done. They weren’t designed for such team mentality. They weren’t social creatures.

We’re better off alone.
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:33 am

Deep within Meteor Falls }|{ Time Unknown }|{  [34]

Taph quivers with his tail whipped between his legs. The angle of his bent back is unnatural, an expression not of regular fear but what looks like disease.
    He shoves his paw into his mouth, gnawing at the fur to try and calm himself.
    As Alice starts to cry he starts to cry as well but instead of tears running down his cheeks saliva drips from his jaws. He struggles to catch his breath in a quiet open-mouthed gasp.
    "I'm sorry..." He whimpers to himself.
    His red eyes are wide with panic.
    He back away until his back hits rock and flinches when it does.
    "It's my fault...It's my fault."
    He has made Alice cry. Alice was nice to him, like a mother would be and he has made her cry.
    His head aches and he claws at it.
    Bad, bad, it was his fault. It was always his fault. He could feel the pressure of the auras pulsing in his head.
    He had let everyone down again.
    "I'm sorry, so sorry." He puts his paws over his head.
    Then the dogs begin to fight and he yelps and presses his paws down more firmly.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:09 am

B'doke 8 | Riley 8

He expected as much but it was nice to see no protest to being lead out of the caves. “Lead on, B’Doke,” Even the hounds unpleasant tone denied its true desire. Dipping his large head in a nod the canine then bends it low to grab the mouse's scruff, gently lifting her back to her perch on his shoulders. "Alright then, lets get going." He may of been heading the opposite direction but helping folk out was more important.

The paired turned their backs to the group, though it may not of been the best choice, and padded forward. Crawling up so her top half could rest atop B'doke's head Riley took her usual perch, locking her paws under his chin for insurance. Satisfied with her position the mouse let her tail drift to the right, the tip so close to the wall she could feel its presence though only the larger jutting stones touched it. "Full steam ahead." She coos, nestling her face in clumps of soft yellow fur. B'doke was always so smart, so wise, it was obvious that the others would notice it! Thats my hound~ A soft rumble vibrates from her throat. It was somewhat like a purr but not quite.
    A large, rough stone drags over the delicate tip of her tail and Riley winces, teeth clamping together to prevent a squeal from escaping. That actually hurt! The Delectroke must of noticed as he instantly stopped but the Raichu said nothing. She had to be strong, strong and honorable and some little nick on that tail wasnt going to take that away. Well since we are already stopped.. Pulling at her scarf only a split second passes before she realizes why her companion had actually stopped.

Within the blink of an eye the dark hounds are brawling, squabbling with what was hopefully only each other. The large electric canine had been listening to them bicker and prayed the Gardevoir had not been dragged into their sibling rivalry. I dont hear her screams.. Turning and stamping his large paws against the hard ground he growls in a calm but serious tone, "Is there a problem?" Though its lost in the growls and barks. Sparks fly from his grey and yellow fur, the Raichu on his back wincing as it crawls through her fur, some jostling her nerves while the rest is absorbed. Too much.. She thinks before letting sparks off herself to release the build up.
    Her eyes may of been closed but the canines emerald one were not. The hounds had moved back, tailing them where even his and Alduins lights could not reach. It stops and is replaced with a hearty laugh as which B'doke can only silently sigh. Theyre fine. But his gaze shifts to another Pokemon, the solemn Gardevoir. Padding away from the lead the Delectroke first checks to make sure she had nod been injured, "You alright?" He asks gently, spotting the tears on her face. "It'll be alright, its not too far off now." Offering her a gentle smile he turns back to the lead, giving what he could see of the dark hounds a last glance and carries on.

The Raichu tugs at the knot on the back of her neck, pulling at the edges of the handkerchief until it undid itself. Carefully she wrapped it around the end of her pointed tail, making sure one of the corners will be touching well instead of the rest. All good! Pleased with herself Riley extends her tail again, lightly touching the wall and glad that she wouldn't have to waste any electricity to know where the wall was. Yet.. Too much still.. Her orange fur creeps with too much power. Overcharging was a thing and right now was not a good time for it. Squeezing her eyes shut the female tries to ignore the feeling, letting her companion lead the way as she drifts into a daze.
    With a deep lungful of the cold cave air B'doke squinted to see the details of the cave wall. Where are ya.. It was all stones and rocks, glossy with moisture that blurred together from lack of difference. Somewhere along here was the offshoot he had entered from and they had to turn down it but so far it hadn't shown up. Distance was lost in the dark, hos paws ached but it could simply be from the rough stones and not from hours of walking. Spitting a small breath of fire in from of him the wall remains uninteresting. Guess we arent far enough. Flicking his ears forward the hound continues on.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:10 pm

Deep within Meteor Falls/??? (6)

no no no please stop make it stop it will never end I'll be back later Alice I promise so why aren't you back yet Paul he left you you only need to say Alice and I'll be here for you he wouldn't leave me abandoned you like the pathetic scum that you are

The Gardevoir's fingers clutched the sides of her head so tightly it hurt. Her eyes squeezed themselves shut as her mind continued to wage war against itself, her body slowly rocking itself back and forth. The hole into oblivion underneath her was growing, black, slimy hands poised and waiting to drag her into its dark, misty abyss. There was no ladder, no handles, nothing for her to cling to once she was down there; just a wet, solid wall surrounding her on all sides, the light at the top being dragged further and further away.

Calm... Alice took a deep, shuddering breath. Calm down. There was no way under Arceus's sky that she would ever let herself get dragged down into hell again. Every time she got close she had managed to pull herself back up again. She thought of Paul and how desperate he must be to find her and how upset he'd be if he found her in this state. The possibility that he could be standing in front of her watching her descent into misery right at that moment always seemed to snap her out of it.

Surely enough, Alice slowly opened her wet, bloodshot eyes, and could've died of embarrassment - she had forgotten that she had an audience. She sat curled up against the wall, her eyes wide as they scanned all the faces watching her.

The large, Electric-type canine was first to approach her. "You alright?" he asked, dipping his head to her. Alice didn't move a muscle and only stared at him as he smiled. "It'll be alright, its not too far off now."

"Not far now," Alice repeated mechanically. Not far from the exit? From light? From fresh air? The Gardevoir nodded slowly, lifting a hand to tentatively wipe her damp face. There were Pokemon here who cared about her; the two Dark-type hounds bickering in the distance were unimportant now. She had friends; the idea itself seemed alien to her. She had Alduin and Taph to look after-- "Taph."

The Riolu was hunched against the opposite wall, holding his head in his little paws. "It's my fault...It's my fault. I'm sorry, so sorry." Alice felt her heart begin to break. Had her momentary lapse caused this? Immediately she was on her feet, gliding straight past the others and pulling the sobbing child into a hug. She dared not speak in case she made it worse, hoping that her tight embrace would speak her words for her. No, I'm sorry.

Alice watched the others as they appeared to start moving. She placed a hand under Taph's chin and tilted his head up to meet his gaze. She executed what she hoped was a warm smile. "Come on, we'd better go with them." Standing up, she reached downward. "Hold my hand, now."
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:24 pm

Deep within Meteor Falls }|{ Time Unknown }|{  [35]

Taph's entire body is trembling.
    He holds his paws over his head to shield his skull. His yellow teeth are clenched so tight together that a dribble of dark, near black, blood starts to ooze from his gums. His eyes squeeze tightly closed. With his paws over his ears all he can hear is the echoing sound of his own panicked breathing.
    "It's my fault." He whispers to himself. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry. It's my fault. I'm sorry. It's my fault."
    He curls his twisted back against the cool stone, protecting his stomach with his curled legs.
    "It's my fault for not being strong, it's my fault for being born a cripple, it's my fault I am not strong, it's my fault I got bitten, it's my fault for not being strong, it's my fault I can't protect them, it's my fault I am not strong, it's my fault I am afraid, it's my fault because I am not strong." Taph chants in a breath of a whisper.
    He's run out of tears to shed over this. The fear clutches at his heart with a clammy hand. His heart was no longer beating but the Riolu felt himself gasping for breath. His panic runs in spirals through his head, a knotted ouroboros of hysteria.
    "I can't help anyone because I am weak. I can't control myself because I am weak. I can't end this because I am weak. I am afraid of being alone because I am weak. Because I am weak I only create suffering."
    His breath catches in his throat and for a second Taph gags. He feels like he's suffocating. He can picture it's his own weakness that is strangling him. He can't breathe and for a horrible drawn out second he hopes that would kill him. His shoulders shake as his starved lungs draw in a gasp of breath and that hope is snuffed out. He was too weak.
    Taph feels something touch his shoulders. He flinches and tries to curl up tighter. His eyes are tightly closed but to his aura vision there is a curl of light. It's the same color as his own suffocating shame but different, lighter and less constricting. It pushes back the dark heavy aura that surrounded him and envelops him in a cool light. He no longer feels like he is suffocating.
    Taph opens his eyes. There are light green arms wrapped around him.
    "Come on, we'd better go with them."
    Taph looks at her with wide eyes. He wipes them with the back of one furless paw before reaching up to her. "Hold my hand, now."
    "I'm sorry..."
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:22 pm

B'doke 9 | Riley 9

The massive hound walks with his pointed ears swiveling. Aside from the scuffling sounds of his party it was quiet. Usually you could hear the soft dripping of water in caves like this but there were too many sounds behind him for it to carry. Not that it mattered, he wasn't looking for sounds now. This feels like the right distance. Dark pads rub against the stone floor, feeling for an discrepancies that might be slightly visible in the faint light. Or maybe it isnt. There should be a particular groove in the stones around here he just cant seem to find. Looking upward the wall continues on like an endless sheet, stretching off into the darkness like a looming fence. Guess distance isnt the easiest thing to judge in the dark. With an inward sigh he keeps moving.

Riley's eyes were starting to ache. It was one thing when you sat in the dark for a while but sitting in dull light was made them tense around the edges. With a small moan the mouse rubs the delicate spheres, blinking them hard to ease the discomfort. As her mahogany eyes slowly focus once more she spots something on the ground and immediately snatches it up with the kink of her tail. "Bonk." she giggles at B'doke, gently tapping his head with the stick. "Bonk." He was being such a party pooper though, too busy to acknowledge her.
    Trying his best to ignore the mouse so he could actually focus his senses the Delectroke puffs air through his nostrils. "If we stick together through all of this, it will be a necessity to help everyone be capable of defend themselves," The Arcanine continued to prove himself as a commendable character and it brought a grin to his grey muzzle. "I can defend myself though!" The Raichu chirps, sparks crackling gleefully from her cheeks as she bit into the stick, smiling. "Some cautious training over time would work out well, especially for Alduin and Taph." It had been a fair while since he and Riley had been part of an actually group. They may of been drifters by nature, and only needed each other to be happy, but it was always nice to have some extra company. "I could help ya with that." He murmurs, trying to push his imagination aside and focus. It wasn't working though. "He sure can, he taught me all I know." The Raichu rubs her head up his neck with a purr, twirling the stick her paws.

It seemed he was destined for distractions. There was no fault in this one though- it should be hard for anyone to listen to a child cry. Stopping their pace for the youth B'doke takes just one moment to feel for any difference in air pressure, none, then turns to the Riolu. His words are too sputtered to really pick up other then the main factor of strength. Hes scared the poor thing. Even if the entire group didn't end up staying together he hoped someone stayed with the child. The Gardevoir got to him first but he was never one to ignore suffering. "There there," He coos softly, "Just try to relax. No ones going to hurt you. Look, you have all these strong bodyguards by your side." Between him and Gale alone the child was well protected. The hound pair and Psychic type added in made them a force to be reckoned with. Even Riley could hold her own for a little bit.
    "M-Miss Alice? I- is it okay i- if we-e stay w-with Mr. G-Gale and B-B- B'Doke after w- we leave the ca-ave?" Turning to, he notes the name of Alice, the large Electric Type smiles, "I wouldn't mind." But that meant first getting out of the cave and he was letting distractions take him away from that. Right, the off shoot. Got it. Letting his paws move on their own the Lightening Pokemon breathes out one small puff of fire for a moment of extra distance. The cave wall is obvious but something else comes to eye in the orange light. However, its not needed as his rough pads pick it up before his eyes can even registrar it. "Careful, watch your step. A lotta loose stones around here." They were a mix of gravel and fair sized rocks, easily able to make any of them trip or stumble. The Delectroke squints his eyes in the darkness. I dont remember this. Had something else passed by here?

Last edited by Hashtag Yoloswag on Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:11 pm

Deep within Meteor Falls/??? (7)

"I'm sorry..." Taph whispered, placing his paw into her hand gently.
    Alice gave him a reassuring squeeze as she started forward. "It's fine," she vehemently insisted, putting on the biggest smile she could manage even though her voice still trembled from the remnants of her tears. "There's no need to worry. Everything is all right now."

All right, all right...
    Repeating these words in her head enough times worked in calming Alice down. From the Arcanine's back, Alduin looked towards her, anxiety overflowing from his eyes. "M-Miss Alice? I- is it okay i- if we-e stay w-with Mr. G-Gale and B-B- B'Doke after w- we leave the ca-ave?"

Alice momentarily froze. Who did he mean by 'we'? He and Taph? With Gale and B'Dokes? Not her? She felt her nerves begin to creep up on her again, until her head managed to decipher what he meant. He means me as well ... he wants us to all stick together.

"Well,"
    she started nervously, rubbing the side of her neck. While being around a group of strangers getting in the way of her search for Paul didn't sound inviting, Alice had to admit she felt more comfortable than she had in a long time when she had these friendly Pokemon around her. While she was certain that she'd withdraw into the cold, bitter version of herself more than once, that was no reason to say no and retreat back into the hell she was in before. Maybe, just maybe, she could learn to stay in control.

"That sounds nice," she finally replied. "Although ... I will have-- oh, that reminds me!" Why hadn't she asked this before? "Have any of you seen a human? Male, quite tall with short brown hair?" She bit her lip as she always did when awaiting the reply, knowing that it could potentially change her life.

"Careful now," she added to Taph as she started to guide him around the chunks of rock on the ground.
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:16 pm

Deep Within Meteor Falls | Time Unknown
    Luke [1] | Nick [1]

Luke followed after their Sawsbuck guide, listening for the hoofsteps, as the cave and Will himself were simply too dark for anything else. The Leafeon was exhausted, barely able to drag his paws along and keep his head up; still he carried on, confident that the place Will was taking them would allow for some rest. He just had to keep going, couldn't slow down the other two. Luke found himself glancing over at his Flareon friend; the darkness was absolute, and he could only see the other Eeveelution's outline. It wasn't too difficult to imagine how pissed Nick was that they were being led by someone they'd just met. Not like we have any other options... 
    Luke had no doubts about how unprepared he'd been to navigate the pitch-black cave. It'd been stupid, coming here in the first place, but there had been no way around it. He was almost certain that going through here was unavoidable. Hopefully that was true. They'd been lucky enough to find the stag Will, who knew his way around the place, but if they hadn't...not something Luke wanted to dwell on.

Coming to a stop when Will summoned the Energy Ball, the Leafeon tried to see what was in front of them. The light Will had created was enough for him to slightly see some sort of path, though the dark obscured most of the details. "..This way. The turn will lead to the cave I mentioned. There is food. It is quite sheltered." There it was again. The stag's voice was an enigma, betraying nothing, not even the slightest hint of emotion. Whatever he was thinking or feeling right now was undecipherable to Luke, and that made him uneasy. The fact that he couldn't figure anything out about Will was far from comforting.
    When the Energy Ball faded and they had no other light source, the Leafeon found himself thinking less of how the stag talked and focused on simply following once more. Food and shelter. There didn't seem to be any reason Will would lie, and he was willing to give the Sawsbuck the benefit of the doubt. 
    "Wait. ..Did you hear that? Voices. There must be others."

Unaware that he had even stopped, Luke was surprised; how he had not heard the voices? That became unimportant when they were met with other Pokemon, those with their own light. It was an entire group-when Will had said voices, Luke thought of only two, maybe three. There were far more than that here, far more than the Leafeon had ever expected to see in this cave. Before he could even doubt their intentions, or wonder why so many Pokemon decided to enter Meteor Falls, Luke thought about how unhappy Nick was going to be about this.

Traveling with Will was one thing. He was only one Pokemon, and while Nick didn't trust him at all, he was fine with following the stag to see if his story about the cave was true. But an entire group? An entire goddamn group just happened to be in this pitch-black cave and heading in their general direction. Great. Will had frozen, and seemed unlikely to be saying hello anytime soon. Nick wasn't going to say a fucking thing to these strangers, he wasn't looking to be friends, and of course Luke's going to go and greet them.
    Should have seen that coming.
    The Leafeon had acted pretty quickly, immediately going up to the canines that were obviously the other group's leaders. An Arcanine, fan-fucking-tastic. He'd had enough of those things for a lifetime. Luke was completely calm, and showed absolutely no fear or hostility towards any of the strangers-Nick respected that. The Flareon went to his friend's side, looking from one new Pokemon to the next. There was no reason to trust a single one of them.

He must have looked more pissed-off than usual, judging by Luke's expression towards him. It was the usual don't make everyone angry and want to kill us. The Flareon simply shrugged in response, and Luke turned back towards the canines.
    "Hey," was his simple greeting. "Didn't expect anyone else to be here. Name's Luke, and this is Nick."
    The Leafeon gestured to the side where Nick was. He didn't respond, merely looking up at the two, not bothering with the other Pokemon. Damn dogs were huge, but he was far from intimidated. 
    "Don't mind him, he's a bit irritated right now," Luke said, looking at Nick with that ridiculous grin on his face. 
    "Fuck off," Nick retorted, though it was nothing but amiable. Maybe the other Pokemon wouldn't notice that and would protest, he didn't care whether they did or not, but they were both used to such exchanges. If the canines got mad, so what, just more reason for them to stay away.

(OoC: First post, enjoy |D)

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:05 pm

Deep within Meteor Falls }|{ Time Unknown }|{  [36]

Taph holds on tight to Alice's hand and tries a tentative little smile. It is as frail as glass.
    "Although ... I will have-- oh, that reminds me! Have any of you seen a human? Male, quite tall with short brown hair?" Alice asks as Taph walks quietly beside her.
    "I haven't seen any humans since I..." He starts to answer but his breath catches in his throat. He hasn't seen a human up close since he last buried the gravedigger who had taken care of him. Sleeping the Big Sleep, the gravedigger had called it. Death didn't hurt for him. He'd just fallen asleep and never woken up.
    Taph wished things could be that easy for him. It would be so much easier if he could just fall asleep and never have to wake up. Taph looked down. Thinking about it never changed anything. It just made his aura cloudy with dark thoughts.
    He looks sharply up when his small ears pick up the sound of footsteps up ahead. His grip tightens on Alice's hand and unintentionally his claws dig in.
    "Alice..." He starts to say. His mouth is dry and the words rasp. "Someone's coming."
    He presses closer to the Gardevoir's white skirt as the noises of pokemon approaching draw louder. Gale and B'dokes are ahead of them. Taph inwardly prays that its not something too scary.
    A Flareon and a Leafeon walk around the corner. Taph grits his teeth as they speak. The grass type seems o.k. but the fire type is angry, at someone or something. Instinctively Taph's shoulders curl in to reduce the pain of the blow he knows is coming.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:22 pm

B'doke 10 | Riley 10

As B'doke walked with firm yet careful steps he was glad the others were heeding his warning. Its sure odd that there are so many loose stones here, it seems almost random, out of place. "Although ... I will have-- oh, that reminds me! Have any of you seen a human? Male, quite tall with short brown hair?" Tall ears flick backward, his attention grabbed and interest piqued. A human? What an odd request. He hadnt seen one of those in legends knows how long. "I havent, sorry." He replies simply, needing to keep his mind focused on the path ahead and stones below. Riley let loose small crackles of electricity, shaking her head no with the stick still firmly clasped between her jaws. Oh! Swiftly she extended her tail back out toward the wall. How could she forget about that! She beams with both pride and embarrassment.

The gravel and stones lessen, the normal sturdy floor of the cave coming back to his paws. The hound nods to himself, glad that that hadnt lead to anything more severe. "E- eyes!" A sudden cry comes from behind him. "Eyes?" He repeats for confirmation, looking back toward the Charmander. "Alice.. Someone's coming." What had gotten into the children they- the Delectroke turns his head forward again and comes to a hard stop as, indeed, a pair of yellow eyes stare at him from the gloom. Gale was beside him in an instant, the small flame on his back illuminating the ghastly a bit further. "Hello there, you lost?" To say the creature was unnerving is an understatement. Though he was not one to judge on appearance its oily pelt and piercing eyes, along with its stiffness and silence was not the epitome of welcome. It was silent, it was still. It.. wasnt attacking them. It might not of replied to Gale but it wasn't attacking them.

"Woah.." Riley gasps, crouching low behind B'doke's neck. What a strange creature. Its not going to jump out and grab me like some horror movie, right? Her grip on the Delectroke's fur tightens. Drag me into the darkness.. Those were ideas she really didnt need. "Hey," The voice surprises her and the Raichu can not suppress a surprised squeak. "Didn't expect anyone else to be here. Name's Luke, and this is Nick." "B'doke, and Riley." The large canine states with a gentle nudge of his head. He was never one for crazy intros. It takes a moment for a the Raichu to see who was speaking. A Leafeon, and a Flareon follows. A sudden flutter comes to her heart. "Medium size!" She whispers giddily to herself. Now they had a perfect blend of sizes.

"Gale. We were hoping to find our way out this way, in fact." The Lightening Pokemon nods in agreement seeing that the Arcanine had things covered. His emerald gaze shifts to the faint form of the Flareon who had yet to say anything. The silent type, perhaps? "Don't mind him, he's a bit irritated right now," Or not. "Happens." He puffs gently. One could only be locked in the dark for so long before emotions ran high. "Fuck off," The hound breathes deeply through his nose. Geez.. At least he was making his feelings clear. Yet Gale only laughed, probably furthering the small Fire Types irritation."Hey buddy, it's fine, we don't bite. But nice to meetcha both. Is there any reason you're heading back this way? We just came from the main cavern and there is nothing there." At the Arcanine spot B'doke's emerald gaze stayed on that of the buck. It remained silent and still, just as eerie as the moment they bumped into it. "Are you guys lost?" He asks smooth but calmly. They were much to calm to be lost, they seem more like they were exploring, but it never hurt to ask.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:52 am

Deep within Meteor Falls/??? (8)

Nobody had seen any humans. Alduin even went so far as to say they were extinct. Alice would've thrown the Charmander against the wall with a psychic blast if he wasn't such a precious child. Humans? Extinct? Not my Paul.

The news was disappointing, as always, but Alice refocused her resolve to get out of these caves as quickly as possible and get to the nearest city so she could continue her search. It could've been worse - no human was better than news of a dead one.

But the atmosphere was suddenly tense, and everyone stopped. Alice held onto Taph's hand tightly, extending her other hand just in case the owner of those yellow eyes looming out of the darkness was a threat. She'd tear the damn thing apart with her mind alone rather than let it get anywhere near the children. Purple flickers of psychic energy buzzed around her fingers.

But the eyes only belonged to a dark blue Sawsbuck, with a Leafeon and Flareon in tow. Alice narrowed her eyes and scowled at the three newcomers.

More strangers. More threats. More prying eyes.
    Yes.

The Leafeon didn't seem too bad though, introducing himself and his friend. "Hey Didn't expect anyone else to be here. Name's Luke, and this is Nick." He inclined his head towards his silent partner and grinned. "Don't mind him, he's a bit irritated right now."
    "Fuck off."

PROFANITY. FILTH. POISON OF INNOCENCE.
    "Do NOT speak like that in front of the children!" Alice snapped, louder than she intended to. She didn't care what the others thought - innocence was nothing to be tampered with.
    Snitch
    Snitch
    Inactive

Post by Snitch Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:03 am

Deep Within Meteor Falls || Unknown [7]

The light ahead was moving slowly; the group adopting a sluggish pace in the darkness that – while understandable – wasn’t entirely ideal in regards to Daryl’s task of distracting his rowdy brother. Merle was already back on his paws, dismissing his latest battle scar with that same dirty snicker as heavy footfalls betrayed his position as fast-approaching. He gave Daryl a rough shove when he eventually reached his side.
    “I guess you’re feeling like a real hard ass now, huh? All high ‘n mighty?” The younger canine gave an amused snort, the flash of white fangs betraying his sly grin.
    “Somethin’ like that,”
    “Well, don’t be gettin’ used to it, baby brother. Yer ass is mine come round two,” When it came to these brotherly scraps, Merle was an unlikely sportsman – he could accept the loss, albeit begrudgingly, and move on with pride intact. But of course, this particular opponent shared his blood. With any other challenger, Merle wouldn’t dream of being so charitable. He was top-dog, stood proud on a pedestal of his own creation – and nothing would keep him front it. Hell, he’d need to be limbless before even considering accepting defeat!

But Daryl… Daryl was allowed to sit in the victor’s glow once in a while. Not just because he could fight, but because above all else he was family. It’d be cruel to deprive him on the feeling he’d always been taught to pursue. Even as a youngster, Merle would ‘take a dive’ to see the elation on Daryl’s face. It wasn’t quite the same these days, but the sentimentality remained. It was an old, soppy habit that was simply too hard to break.

“What we doin’ back ‘ere? If we’re taggin’ along with these pansy-asses then I got’s to keep an eye on that Gale-fella,” Daryl turned his head slightly, walking slowly as he found himself with his first obstacle. He heaved his broad shoulders, licking his lips as he considered his words.
    “I dunno… Ya think we actually need these punks? We could ditch ‘em now and they wouldn’t e’en notice,” It was, at its core, a ruse. Daryl knew damn well that Merle wouldn’t leave the entertainment a group provided – especially when he had already identified the perfect rival in the form of the Arcanine. But his feigned reluctance would serve as a fitting distraction.
    “What are ya? Soft in the head or somethin’? We don’t need ‘em for nothing,” Merle paused then, unknowingly sending a jolt of panic to pierce Daryl’s chest. He hadn’t expected him to pick up and address that one word ‘need’; but patience eventually rewarded him with a sedative. “But you got’s to admit, we ain’t seen survivors for a good while now…” Hook, line ‘n sinker. “They can be pretty fun to mess with… Pretty handy when there ain’t much food about too... I mean, if they’re welcomin’ us into their midst all soppy-like, then who are we to say no, hm? It’s all about good manners, baby brother. You never was much of a social butterfly, but ol’ Merle knows well ‘nough it’d be rude to – as you say – ‘ditch ‘em’,”

Daryl was more amused than anything at Merle’s justification to stick around. Sure there was the idea of ‘safety in numbers’ he’d briefly touched on, but his brother’s reasoning primarily concerned some warped idea of social etiquette. You’re such a bullshitter, Merle. He grinned inwardly, eventually huffing out something resembling agreement.
    “Whatever, Merle,”

Before any more could be discussed, Daryl had noticed an anomaly up ahead. Before, the young Charmander’s flame had been surrounded by the cave’s overwhelming darkness; now a pair of striking yellow orbs were reflected in the glow. The younger Direyena’s hackles raised, attention honing in on the stranger’s eyes as he swiftly stalked towards the commotion. He could hear Merle’s heavy breathing close-by, the two brothers working in sync as they approached at an angle from the newcomers – the dark hounds providing an invisible threat stood boxing the strangers against the wall.

"Hey buddy, it's fine, we don't bite. But nice to meetcha both. Is there any reason you're heading back this way? We just came from the main cavern and there is nothing there."
    "Are you guys lost?"

Daryl relaxed as he caught up with the conversation. Clearly these strangers were non-hostile, friendly even, as Gale and B’Doke greeted them with an amiability the brothers had been spared. Then again, this trio weren’t preying on women and children. Still, Daryl kept his guard up. The stag in particular was an interesting-looking creature. He knew the species as a Sawsbuck – he’d hunted them regularly in the past – but even in the dim glow of Alduin’s light, he could see that this one was deformed beyond recognition. His companions, a pair of eeveelutions seemed far less ominous and a lot more typical of their kind. Another fire-type, Daryl noted warily. His mother’s demise continued to fuel the silent prejudice.

"Do NOT speak like that in front of the children!"

Though he’d missed the comment that had set the Gardevoir off, Merle’s ensuing laughter gave away the brothers’ position. They weren’t too close to either party, but their sudden proximity – albeit still unseen – was bound to evoke an amount of alarm.
    “Ohoho, who dropped the ‘f-bomb’?” Merle snickered from afar. He took a step forward, keen to immerse himself in this ever-growing community only to be halted by Daryl. It was only a quick nudge, a silent warning accompanied by a subtle shaking of his brother’s head. Merle frowned but remained still, something in Daryl’s expression persuading him that it was better to wait. Daryl hadn’t noticed it before, but another inhale solidified an unnerving fact.

Someone’s infected.

He’d dismissed the tinge of rot as simply part of the cave itself, but he was certain that the underlying scent was stronger here. It had taken being distanced from the group to eventually notice the subtle change in intensity, but now that he realized it Daryl was thoroughly unnerved.

His purple eyes strained to make out the details of the newcomers, the stag in particular appealing to his suspicions. Was that oily blue pelt a recent acquisition? Of course, purple was the typical shade of infection, but blue was only a stone’s throw away…

(( Hope you don’t mind the latter part of my post - I had a brainwave and thought we could create a little more tension by Daryl realizing someone was infected. He has an excellent sense of smell and would be bound to notice eventually, but with this happening now he’s inclined to think it’s one of the recent arrivals – primarily Will because he’s already mutated.

If there’s any issue with this, do let me know and I can scrap the idea. But I’m personally really excited by it, haha.

He’ll keep the revelation entirely to himself – perhaps confessing his concerns later on in the RP when he’s closer to Gale and after his primary suspect is absent? That way I can play around with his guilt of blaming Will, feelings of failure and constant paranoia. I think it could be a fun little extra, y’know?))
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:59 am

Deep Within Meteor Falls | Time Unknown
    Luke [2] | Nick [2]

"Hey buddy, it's fine, we don't bite. But nice to meetcha both. Is there any reason you're heading back this way? We just came from the main cavern and there is nothing there."

Gale's laughter was...not what Nick had expected. Instead of responding, Nick simply looked at the Arcanine, trying to figure out what his deal was. Way too nice...gotta be a catch. This entire group was just too odd, too out-of-nowhere. Nick needed to stay on guard.

"Are you guys lost?" The one called B'doke-weird fucking name, but whatever-is the next to speak. Nick glanced over at Luke, curious as to how he would respond-the Leafeon was their diplomat, the one who took charge when it came to social situations. Too afraid of me screwing up. Makes sense. Even though Luke was not one to mess up, Nick can easily spot his hesitation, the uncertainty of revealing the cave Will was leading them to. Who knew what the Sawsbuck would do if they mentioned it? Run off, most likely. Nick looked away from his friend, now watching for the Sawsbuck's reaction.

"Well, no, not exactly-" Luke starts saying to B'doke, but he doesn't get a chance to finish. There's a loud outburst from the Gardevoir, who had been completely silent before now.

"Do NOT speak like that in front of the children!"

Nick had been angry before meeting this group-mad at being stuck in some fucking cave, at having to "trust" a stranger, at pretty much everything-but now until now does he feel real fury. Who the hell did this Gardevoir think she was? Her command had so many assumptions-that Nick gave a fuck about her "kids", that she had the right to tell him what to do. No, to hell with that. Fuck no. He draws himself up to his full height-which is almost three feet-and glares at the Psychic-type. I'm done being ordered around. He looked at Luke, and the Leafeon's expression is that of alarm-obviously he knew what was happening. Luke goes to say something, goes to stop him, but Nick doesn't let that happen.

"Oh, shut the fuck up," Nick snaps back at the Gardevoir, "I'll say whatever the hell I want, and I don't give a damn how pissed you get. So fuck off!"

Damn it. Things had been going perfectly fine until the Gardevoir and Nick had started fighting. At least it was only verbal...but it wasn't likely to stay that way. It needed to stop before things went too far; the problem was getting the two to calm down.
    Luke was going to speak up, but was again cut off by someone else-this time, however, it wasn't speech, but laughter. Laughter from a Pokemon he couldn't see, a member from the new group-or worse, someone else entirely.

“Ohoho, who dropped the ‘f-bomb’?”

Suddenly, Luke had an idea. Bounding forward, he moved in front of Nick, hoping his friend would get the nonverbal message of We can handle this, but I'll need you to work with me.

"That a friend of yours, laughin' back there?" Luke asked Gale and B'doke. "Look, we've gotten off to a bad start, sure..." He turned his attention to the Gardevoir, hoping she wouldn't yell at him next. "But there's no need for any of this. So, you two, let's calm down and start over."

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:53 pm