Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

The tale of a strong friendship Mathias and Bastet

ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

The tale of a strong friendship Mathias and Bastet Empty The tale of a strong friendship Mathias and Bastet

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:32 pm

Here I will be explaining in a story from Mathias' point of view on how he grew up with the eeveelution Bastet and his relation with his insane brother Dracul. He will also tell how he felt about an Absol he met in an asylum and how she made an impact in his life as well as his time with his trainer Zeke.

Chapter 1: The two charmanders Mathias and Gabriel

Chapter 2: A fateful meeting Mathias and Zeke

Chapter 3: The Charmander and the Eevee: Mathias and Bastet

Chapter 4: Evolution: Charmeleon and Espeon

Chapter 5: The Mighty Charizard

Chapter 6: Reunion

Chapter 7: Outbreak

Chapter 8: The Search for Bastet and Zeke

Chapter 9: A New Partnership

Chapter 10: To The Under

Last edited by ShadowCharizard on Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:43 pm; edited 13 times in total
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

The tale of a strong friendship Mathias and Bastet Empty Re: The tale of a strong friendship Mathias and Bastet

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:30 pm

The two charmanders Mathias and Gabriel

My brother Gabriel, I thought of him as much as I thought of Bast and Glass, but before I get into my story with Bastet I must tell the past before the outbreak, before I met Zeke when I was a wild charmander. You see my father was from the a group of charizards that was by far bigger and my mother, well she was an average sized Charizard. What a lot of pokemon don't know is that my family is connected to that very group from my father's side. Being a year younger than Gabriel had somewhat made me the little brother. Through out the time I lived in the wild I used to get into trouble with humans. I wanted to prove that I had my father's strength in me, but Gabriel had more experience than me. "Gabriel, stop it! You're hogging all the fun!" Gabriel usually liked attacking humans and I never did get as much fun as he did. "Go home Mathias, Don't be such a glory houndoom." My brother picked on me because I was trying to prove to dad that I was just as tough as he was.

I went home and of course my father towering over my mother like a tree. My father had picked me up and told me that one day I would become the alpha Charizard of the family. As much as I wanted to tell him that Gabriel was hogging all the fun to himself, I felt that father had plans to teach me the way he had lived. Gabriel returned home and mother was upset with him and told him that if he keeps messing around with humans that he'll be caught one day. Of course she told me as well since we both wonder off on our own. As day turned into night Gabriel woke me up telling me about tomorrow. "Mathias, tomorrow we're going to see our father's home and meet our cousins." I was excited by the news and fell fast asleep. Father did come from the mountains and he usually tells us stories about when he grew up. I thought to myself in my sleep one day I'm going to live in my father's home.

Morning came and we started heading to my father's pack. I was on father's back while Gabriel was on mother's. It was the first time I was in the sky and to tell the truth it felt amazing. When we arrived, I was amazed that the Charizards there had greeted us kindly. Normally smaller pokemon wouldn't dare cross these Charizards, but since my mother was my father's mate, she was accepted into the clan. Both me and Gabriel followed our parents to see our cousins and wow they was huge compared to the both of us. I looked up to both of my cousins and as expected they looked down to see us. One of my cousins Stonecrusher was a little timid, but I could see why though, he was supposed to become the leader of the clan and carry on my uncle's legacy. I tried talking with him to let him know how happy I was to see him. Then, I looked over to Gabriel who was with my other cousin the one known to be the Harbinger Charizard. The way he looked up to him, it was as if he worshipped him like Arceus reincarnate. "Gabriel, why aren't you talking with Stonecrusher?" Of course Gabriel being stubborn didn't care about Stonecrusher. "Because Mathias, he isn't like his brother. He's to timid and couldn't hold out in a fight even if he tried. His brother however, I can call a role model since he's not afraid of anything." Gabriel didn't like Stonecrusher just because he's timid. My other cousin, yeah he was strong and brave, but lets face it. Gabriel was obsessed with him and idolized him above everything else made me feel as if he hated Stonecrusher.

It was time to go and before I left, I had to tell Stonecrusher that I believed that one day he'll prove my brother wrong. "Hey Stonecrusher, I think one day you'll prove Gabriel wrong. I'll see you later cousin." I walked to my father and climbed on top of his back. As I looked back at Stonecrusher, he was silent, but I knew deep inside that he cared for me. I should know, I paid attention to him unlike Gabriel. We began flying back home and the wind felt so nice as if it was relaxing. We finally arrived at home, to our nest and everything was as we left it. No other Pokemon would come near our nest and try to steal our food because they was afraid of my father, not because he was very strong, but it was because of his size. When your born with a father that's over twelve feet tall, nobody would want to mess with you or even try to steal from you. Father had made his territory clear to the other pokemon that if they steal anything or even harm me or Gabriel that he would crush them like berries. We tucked in for the night as I laid on top of father. Gabriel however, was up to his mischief again as he snuck out of the nest and attacked another human. This time though he went a little to far as into injuring the human. Both mother and father was wake and they wasn't happy. Father had set rules and he expected us to follow them clearly and obey his wishes. If we didn't follow them he would read us not only the rules, but he would make us repeat the rules back to him then he's punish us into not leaving the nest for most of the morning. "Gabriel, you know the rules and how am I supposed to teach you anything if you keep sneaking off like that and attacking humans. One of these days you're going to get caught and what then, your mother would be worried sick." My father was furious with Gabriel and he was loud enough to wake me up from sleeping. I walked up to father and looked up at him with still tired. Mother picked me up and laid down with me in the nest while Father and Gabriel argued. "Why am I getting into trouble and not Mathias, he tried to attack a human yesterday." There was a difference though, I didn't get a chance to attack, because Gabriel had always took it upon himself to do everything and leave me with nothing other than taking the berries from the human's backpack. "Because you left the nest Gabriel and Mathias didn't, I never want to see you missing from the nest at night ever again is that clear!" Gabriel knew father was very serious and disobeying father would lead to him not leaving the nest for most of the morning. "Yes father." They both joined me and mother in the nest and not another word was spoken that night.

Last edited by ShadowCharizard on Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

The tale of a strong friendship Mathias and Bastet Empty Re: The tale of a strong friendship Mathias and Bastet

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:15 pm

A fateful meeting Mathias and Zeke

With Gabriel in the nest and Mother keeping an eye on him, I decided to go play in my favorite spot. Even though I didn't have much for friends because of Gabriel's attitude towards them, I still wanted to see them. Thankfully they was their when I arrived. "Did your brother follow you, Mathias?" One of my friends a Bulbasaur asked me. "No, he got into trouble last night and he's home in nest for the morning." I said as I sat down on a stump. A Cubone and a Sandshrew arrived as well they both were cool and since we played together for a year, we've came to address the issue with an appearance of a pokemon trainer. "I call this meeting because there's a human going around and finding our fellow pokemon." The Sandshrew said in her adorable voice. That trainer that was catching other pokemon, surely a human would leave after awhile, but I under estimated this human's patience. I went to where the cubone had said the sighting was at. At first I thought that the human had left, but I stepped closer into the open and out sprang a pokeball. I barely dodged it and another one came flying out and an Ivysaur appeared out of it. Back then I didn't know the Ivysaur nor Zeke. Before I could do anything, the Ivysaur quickly used its vine whip not to hit me with it, but to grab me with them so I couldn't escape. I struggled as much as I could to escape it, but it started squeezing tighter, weakening me every second. If my father was their he would teach this human not to mess with me.

The Ivysaur released its grip on me and put me down on the ground. Before I knew it another Pokeball came flying at me. I didn't have the strength to dodge it this time as it touched me. Then, I was pulled right into it, I tried to escape it, but I was so tired from trying to break free from that Ivysaur that I couldn't escape the pokeball. I was captured and it was then I knew that mother and father would be worried sick about me. They was right, I should have stayed away from humans and now I payed the price for not listening. I had sat in my pokeball for several hours until I was released from the pokeball into some strange place that humans called a house. "Hello little Charmander, I'm Zeke I think I'll call you Mathias." It was odd though why would he name me something I was already named? Only thing on my mind though was getting away from Zeke and back to my parents. Zeke tried to pet me on the head, but I didn't trust him at the time so I tried to swipe at him. I missed of course since he pulled his hand away before my claws could make contact with his skin. "Char, Charmander Charr!" Of course though he didn't understand the words that came out of my mouth. What I told him was don't touch me human! What I didn't know was in the past the universal communicator wasn't made yet. I sat in his room and tried to think of a way to escape. Then, I thought maybe if he tries to feed me whatever it is that humans feed their pokemon I could make a break for it. That however was quickly dashed as Zeke closed the door behind him all the time and every chance I had was futile. "Who's a hungry Charmander!" What trickery is this, treating me like a baby, but somehow he wasn't going to give up on me. He though of me like a friend that needs love and care.

I didn't touch the food for a while and I waited until he was asleep. Once Zeke fell asleep, I ate the food and tried to reach for the door. I couldn't reach the handle and what else is that I woke up the Ivysaur. "Why are you in a hurry to escape for?" When he spoke to me I thought he was going to squeeze the life out of me this time. I backed into a corner as he walked closer to me, my heart pounding as hard as it could. One thing that happened is that he didn't attack me. Instead he pulled me closer to him and what he said next caught me by surprise. "I'm not going to hurt you, I'm Leo, what's your name?" At first I was scared of Leo since he was almost fully grown and close to becoming a full blown adult. One thing did come out of this, he had a heart and cared for Zeke and all of his pokemon. I was no exception to this as he patted me on the head. "M-my name is Mathias." In my response the Ivysaur, Leo smiled at me telling me that I'm okay by his standards. I looked over at the window and walked to it. Mother and Father, they was worried sick about me and if they knew what happened they would scold me for running off alone. I looked out the window seeing the moon in the sky. Why did it happen to me? Why did I get captured by a human and not Gabriel? There was so many questions left unanswered. It was late, I was tired and there wasn't a nest in this human's house. So I took my choice of either sleeping with Zeke or sleeping with his Ivysaur. Leo was by far nicer than any grass type I've met, yet Zeke as much I didn't like him at the time, he cared for me like any responsible trainer would. I picked and climbed up on Zeke's bed and laid down. Feeling the soft bed made me realize that this was more better than being in a nest. I fell fast asleep and I had hope that one day I'll make an escape.

The next morning came and I started to wake up. i felt something on me and when I turned my head, Zeke's hand was resting on my side. Of course I didn't want him touching me at any point, so I tried to take another swipe at him and again he was to fast for me to even land anything. "Guess what Mathias, we're going on an adventure." Wait did he say an adventure? This would be the perfect chance to escape. I went along with it until he would use me in battle. After he chooses me to fight other pokemon, I would make my escape back home, back to nest and face my father's punishment. However, it never came as when he chose me to fight with Leo, The Ivysaur kept an eye on me, making sure I don't run off. Though I could have smokescreen the entire area, i had a feeling if I tried it, Zeke would have quickly put me back into the pokeball. It was either I listen to Zeke and not try to run away from him or do something stupid and get put back into a pokeball. I didn't like either decision, I wanted to go home, back to the wild where I truly belong. Someday though I will do that, but when? It might take years before I could return home and not leave both my parents side again. Each day, we adventured out a little ways and usually fought with weaker pokemon. I had to admit, not a whole lot happens in Pallet Town. Everyone was friendly to one another and every time the scientists see me they write on their little clipboards. What exactly do they write down and what is it they do other than write down things? A year passed and it was Leo's birthday. He became a Venusaur and as usual he patted me on the head with those vines of his. Leo was the closest thing of a mentor I had since being captured by Zeke and there was something about him that inspired me to stay. Not because he was well experienced, but he kept order in Zeke's team. Tomorrow, we're heading to the game corner in Celadon City and relaxing from training.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:58 am

The Charmander and the Eevee: Mathias and Bastet

Celadon City, home of the game corner and where I met Bastet for the first time. We left the house and went all the way from Pallet Town to Celadon City. Along the way though we had stopped by several gyms and earned several badges. I had trained for many days, but Zeke wouldn't crush my hopes of returning home. After battles, he still made an attempt to pet me and I still tried to scratch him. We reached Celadon City and the first thing we did was head to the game corner where Zeke would play the machines humans play on. Leo was still keeping his eye on me so that I wouldn't make a mad dash home. It was as if I had no chance of seeing my family again. I sat around with nothing to do, I even picked up something that humans call a magazine and I began flipping through the pages. I couldn't read a single word on it, but there was pictures of pokemon on it and one in particular was a charmander. I thought to myself for a minute thinking that it looked a lot like me until Leo came over and looked at it as well. He told me about a charmander that was very popular in the Kalos region. "You know Mathias, I heard there was a Charmander in the Kalos region that's a popular movie star." What's a movie star? Where's the Kalos region at? To this day I still don't know where the Kalos region is even if I asked Glass that she probably wouldn't know much either. What took minutes became hours as Zeke continued to play the machines. I laid on top of Leo staring at the ceiling of the game corner and Leo was sleeping for some odd reason. Perhaps he's just as bored as I was, sitting in a human building with nothing to do.

Before it turned to night Zeke had played one last time on the machine and before we was to go to the hotel for the night, Zeke hit the jackpot. The sound the machine made caused me to fall right off Leo's back. "Chaarr!" Hitting the floor didn't feel to good and of course Zeke apologized to me for the scare. He walked over to the counter and I had to know what he was doing with all the coins he won. Handing it over to the human who ran the place Zeke received a pokeball from the human. Anxious to see what he got, he tossed the pokeball out a little and out came an Eevee. It was the first time I locked eyes with her, Bastet. The one that I would call my little sister. The owner tried to offer Zeke a Porygon and a Dratini, but Zeke was satisfied with the Eevee. "Hey there little Eevee, I'm gonna take good care of you. I think I'll name you Bastet." The name itself meant family in another human language. "Eevee, Eevee!" I didn't understand why she was happy, but what I got out of it was thank you, master. The thing with Bastet was that she was full of joy and everywhere we went she was always happy. Not once have I seen her show any negative feelings. We settled in at the hotel for the night, the weather was cloudy and there wasn't a moon out to look at. Bastet was sleeping with Zeke on the bed and Leo was on the floor sleeping. I looked at the door for a few minutes and seeing the handle was lower than the ones in Zeke's house I was able to reach it. I jumped up and grabbed the handle, once I reached the floor I pushed on it and it opened up. I looked back and seeing them all asleep except for Bastet who woke up when I opened the door. "Why are you standing their big brother?" Brother? I couldn't think of an answer right away. Obviously the eevee wouldn't take goodbye for an answer. A little bit of guilt crossed my mind and for once, I didn't want to leave Zeke's side. I still had a hold of the handle and pulled the door shut. After that I climbed on to the bed and laid next to Bastet.

Morning came and Zeke once again had his hand on me. When would he learn that I don't want him touching me after what he had done. This time though, I was ready for him to try to touch me. I grabbed ahold of his hand and was about to bite him until Bastet seen me. That moment I froze, the eevee seen me about to bite our trainer. In that moment I released his hand and before I knew it I was put into the pokeball for time out. I sat in my pokeball for an hour while Zeke had battled using Bastet in a single pokemon battle. Finally, Zeke released me from my pokeball and told me no more trying to bite him. That didn't mean I wouldn't try to scratch him with my claws. It was late afternoon when we got back to the house and close to dinner time. Zeke's mother who had three Eeveelutions of her own, welcomed Bastet into the family, and it was the first time she seen me. At least this human had enough sense to not touch me, but her voice was happy all the same. Before I followed Bastet up the stairs, Zeke's mother handed me a berry to eat. At first I thought this was a trick to lower my guard to pet me, but I was wrong. She only wanted to give me an Oran berry to eat. I took it slowly and she just smiled at me before getting back up and grabbing a pan to cook some human food. Bastet was on the stairs waiting for me and happily asked me. "Mathias are you coming big brother?" She had a lot of patience and for as young as she was too. "Yeah, I'm coming Bastet." Carrying the berry with me and up the stairs to Zeke's room, Leo was laying in his bed as usual got up and walked over to me. "Ahh you got an Oran berry, the lady of the house sees something good in you Mathias." I hated to admit it at the time, but now that I think of it Leo was right. Zeke's mother was a kind human and all of Zeke's pokemon liked her. Tomorrow we'll be training extra hard and it is also my birthday. Zeke doesn't know that yet, but he'll find out eventually.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:11 pm

Evolution Charmeleon and Espeon

It was my birthday and Zeke had us training as hard as we could. Apparently, Zeke is heading to the academy to graduate from his current rank in the military. Leo was testing out both mine and Bastet's training, by a battle to test our strength. I went first to prove that I'm still wild and strong, but I understood that Leo was more stronger than me. I made my first attack and the Venusaur quickly grabbed me with his vines. Remembering the last time I was caught like this, struggling had worn me out, so I didn't do anything to get exhausted. Leo had kept ahold of me, but instead of squeezing he asked me. "If another wild pokemon has you in a hold like this, what do you do Mathias?" The way it sounded it was a test. The grass and poison type was going easy on me and Bastet though. Since he was Zeke's strongest, I would imagine if he didn't go easy on us. Of course the battle was a questionary battle. Instead of us trading attacks we traded words to win or lose. "Use a fire attack?" I answered and Leo released me and told me to attack one of the targets that Zeke had set up before he left. I took the middle one since it looked very strong. Bastet was cheering me on as I struck the target as hard as I could. The target had broke from the hit and then it was Bastet's turn "Look at me Mathias I'm gonna be strong like you." Chuckling a bit, I knew Bastet admired me like a big brother. Once again Leo used his vines and grabbed hold of Bastet and asked the same question. The only reply that came from her was giggling. She was having so much fun that Leo went with it and pulled her close to his side and hugged her. For what its worth, I was having fun as well. Maybe I should let Zeke show that he cares about me by letting him pet me.

Zeke returned from the academy and was an official soldier. Both Bastet and Leo went to him in happiness. After he pet them both, he came up to me smiling. I had to fight every inch of my fibers not to attack him. When he put his hand on my head I felt as if he hasn't given up on training me. Afterwards, he told me that he's going to take me and Bastet to the nearby forest to do some training. Normally, forest is teaming with bug types and the season happens to be when they're at their most aggressive. I felt fired up just to relish the challenge that the bug types can muster. We went to the forest right away and there was many worthy bug types to challenge. Since Zeke wanted me to go first I went out into the grass. After taking a few steps in a horde of bug types had ambushed me. It was to risky to send Bastet in to help me take them on. I remembered how my father used to deal with hordes. He used his flamethrower attack and chased them off. Unfortunate for me though, I didn't know it at the time all I had was ember, but it was enough to take them on. As each one of the bug pokemon fainted I felt something happening. My body began to glow in a blinding light and it enveloped me. I felt every part of my body changing and the back of my head was growing something out from behind. When the light faded, my color was different then it was a few seconds ago. I was taller as well and I had longer claws. Then I heard Bastet's voice. "Mathias, you look even more cool big brother." That was when I realized I became a Charmeleon.

A few years has passed since I evolved and Bastet was still that cute little Eevee that I played with since meeting her. Me and Zeke started getting along more better and Leo was still the same Venusaur that laid in his bed. Zeke had some unusual items with him and judging on the way the looked they looked like circles with holes in the middle. He put one of them into a device and as I watched it, the pictures showed a charmeleon blowing out a stream of fire and how it was done. I forgotten how to use ember in exchange I finally was able to use flamethrower. The next thing he showed me was how to use Shadow Claw. Zeke must have figured that one such as me would need something able to go through objects. After he finished with showing me those two pictures of moves, he put them away for the night and in a week we'll be heading to Johto to find a special stone called a dawn shard.

A week had went by and we found ourselves in Johto it was the middle of winter and our search for the dawn shard was going well. That was until some wild pokemon came in and crashed the party. Both me and Leo had to protect Zeke from our attackers. I looked over at Bastet as she was fighting as well. "Bastet, look out!" She moved out of the way just in time before she got hit. After I knocked out the last murkrow, I went to help Bastet. What I didn't know was that Zeke taught Bastet something as well and she took out the murkrow surrounding her. A bright light surrounded her and in seconds her color and appearance changed. She had finally evolved into an Espeon. I started hearing her voice inside my mind. Mathias, what happened and why am I a different color? My only response though was not only happiness, but sheer joy. "Bastet you look, wonderful You finally became an Espeon." Zeke shared the same joy as well. We headed back home and continued to train like usual becoming more stronger each day.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:56 pm

The Mighty Charizard

Seven years had passed since Bastet had evolved into an Espeon and both of us continued to train harder than before. This time instead of practicing on targets, we was facing Leo in a two on one battle. Both me and Bastet had tried our best to at least get a hit on the Venusaur, but his experience had given us a disadvantage despite his type. "How does this make us stronger Leo?" I asked the Venusaur and he made a valid point since stronger pokemon have been sighted not to far from Pallet Town. "Its not only to help you get stronger Mathias, but to work as a team. If you and Bastet can't attack me physically then look for another option." His words still echo in my head even today when Me, Cosmic, Ciana and Glass fought with the Poliwrath not to mention with the help of Forrik and HAL. I looked over to Bastet with an idea in my mind. With her psychic powers now more controllable she read my mind and we made our move. Leo had his vine whip prepared to keep us from getting to close. Bastet was still giggling even though she knew this was serious. None the less though we managed to do what Leo said and found another way around his defenses. A combination of my flamethrower and her confusion had hit Leo. As the dust and smoke cleared from the impact Leo was still standing, he knew how to take a hit and he had the marks on him to prove it. "That is all you two, well done. Whenever a doubles battle happens its best to combine your strengths together to deal with stronger pokemon like me. " Congratulating us on teamwork did have its benefits kind of like proof that we can do anything as a team. Zeke came out and was ready to take us on another adventure into Johto. I thought about it for a while and I couldn't help be feel that my family that I was away from for so long. They was near Johto, perhaps they thought I was dead. If I was to return to them, would they recognize their son? Would they attack me? Yet, I didn't have it in me to venture away from the others, not right now at least.

We arrived back in Johto, this time in a different area. The trainers in this area had all partnered up with each other and Zeke was on his own. Me and Bastet was ready for anything as we challenged the trainers one after another and won battles left and right. Leo's advice helped us a lot with these battles. We finished the last battle for the day and was ready to head back to the house back to Kanto. Zeke had a lot of money and what he did with after that was saving his house. After his mother had moved off into the Orre region, Zeke was given the house to himself. Every once in a while his mother called, but Zeke had been busy every other day. On our way back home we was confronted by another trainer. Our newest member a Machamp was a little under trained to handle this kind of battle, but none the less he put up a good fight with this trainer's pokemon. The battle was near its end and the next pokemon that was taken out to battle was a grass type. Though Leo and Bastet would have been good to use, I was the one Zeke chose to finish the trainer battle. We traded blows and moves as the grass type continued to fight back. I was about to make the finishing blow until vines came out and wrapped around me. Wrapping around my body, I struggled to break free, but  it continued to keep me from moving my arms. Then, I thought back to when Leo had me in this same hold. Right there, I knew what must be done. I tilted my head back and took a deep breath then used a flamethrower on the Bayleef that had ahold of me. As my flames hit the Bayleef, it's grip loosened and then it released me. We won the battle and before Zeke had came over to me I once again started to be enveloped in light. My entire body changed once again and I felt more than just growth. The light faded and and when I looked my neck was longer, I had wings and my color was back to its original self. I had became a Charizard and I felt like I was mighty.

Three years later, I wanted to fly into the air and have Zeke feel the wind from up high like I did when I was a charmander. Unfortunately that wasn't going to happen any time soon as Zeke had been called into duty and he took Bastet and three others with him. I walked over to him wondering where he was going. "Char?" Zeke apologized to me as he finished packing his gear. "Sorry Mathias, I have to go to Orre and help train the recruits their. I promise I'll be back." This was the last time I would see him and the other three pokemon. Me and Leo had stayed behind to watch over the house while Zeke was gone. I decided to help Leo as much as I could and made sure the house was all cleaned. A year had passed since Zeke left and the mailman had delivered a device and played it. An image of Zeke popped up from it and he started talking to both me and Leo. "Hey Mathias and Leo, I'm sorry that I couldn't be their in person. There's been some strange things going on and we'll be here for a few years to help investigate. From what I figured, people have been disappearing and a rumor that Team Rocket has been sighted yesterday. I should be home in three years, make sure everything is all clean when I get back." Zeke's image disappeared at the end of the message. Its been half a year now since the message from Zeke and I've been thinking maybe I should go see my parents next week if Leo has nothing for me to do during the week.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:15 pm

Reunion

As both me and Leo took care of the house for the entire week, I finished up what Leo needed me to do. The question was still in my mind and Leo just got done with his part. Before I said anything to him, he brought something up. "Hey Mathias, do you remember the first time we met? It was almost eighteen years ago near Johto when Zeke found you." Why he brought that up was unexpected, but I remembered that day. I wondered right into the open and that was the first time I met Leo. Of course though remembering it was always on my mind. "Yeah, I remember Leo. I didn't expect Zeke to be clever in hiding, but I first thought you was going to squeeze the life out of me until you let me go. Now that I think of it, that was the first real battle I had." Not only was it my first battle, but I felt kind of glad I met Leo that day. He was a mentor to me while growing up. Yet, I still had to ask him, I needed to know if I could go see my parents that I still miss. "Leo, I know that we're supposed to stay and keep the house all tidy, but I need to know. I need to see if my parents are still alive." The Venusaur took a deep breath and I was worried he would tell me no. What I didn't expect was what he said next. "Go ahead Mathias, I can look after the place on my own for a while. You need to know and I won't stop you." A sigh of relief came out of my mouth when Leo told me to go. Tomorrow I leave to see my parents, back to nest where I was born at. It was getting dark out and it would be hard to see while flying in the air so I decided to rest for the night.

The morning sun rose as I woke up in a makeshift bed that Zeke made before he left. I walked outside and a gentle breeze was blowing. Leo gave me a berry to take with me for something to eat along the way. "See you when you get back Mathias." The Venusaur said before he started working on the grass. Spreading my wings I took to the air and headed back to where my mother and father's nest was. Thoughts raced through my mind though, would they recognize me or would father try to attack me thinking I'm an invader. Still, I wasn't going to turn back and forget they existed. Somehow I still remembered Gabriel, he would probably be waiting their for me and pick on me for being owned by a human. If that was the case I would have to deal with him if needed. After a few hours of flying I arrived at the same place where I was captured at. It hasn't changed much since I last remembered it though a few places had grown a few berries. I headed to where I used to play at when i was still a kid and the same stump that I always sat on was still there like I remembered it. Nest wasn't to far from here and there was no turning back now. All my questions would be answered and I would finally see my parents again after so long.

After walking a bit, I had reached the nest and there they were, the same two charizard that I remembered. I stepped closer and my father looked up at me and he was growling at me. Just before I took another step, my father had a very serious voice and it was threatening. "What the hell do you want, come to invade my territory and nest! Or did you come to be crushed by me!" My heart was racing and I knew my father very well. When he's serious and protective, he'll let you know and that is what he's doing right now. Time was running out for me and if I tried to retreat or fight my father would kill me without a second thought. What he hated more than invaders was cowards that don't answer him. He had to know it was me and mother who was right beside him would notice if I was lying or telling the truth. "Mother, father, its me Mathias, don't you recognize me?" Upon hearing my name mother got up and started approaching me. She was beginning to tear up as she got close to me. "My son, is it truly you? After eighteen years?" Mother put her claws onto my face, feeling me every inch of the way down to my jaw. "Yeah, I'm sorry that I had you worried mother, I didn't mean to make you both worry." Then, she dropped her arms to mine and put her head against mine. My father came over and I knew what he was about to say and I was ready for it. "Mathias, you had us worried sick! We thought you was dead or captured by a human! Why didn't you come back until now? Your friends had told us you ventured off alone and went to where a human was sighted at!" I had to say something to him, he should know where I've been as well as mother. How they would take it though did have me scared for a while, but it must be done. "Father, mother, I should be truthful with you and I did venture off alone. I wanted to prove to you father that I was strong like you. Before you lean in any further father, I need to tell you that I live with a human now and I know its against the rules. Go ahead and tell me to leave father. I don't deserve to bother you any longer." Hearing the words out of my mouth, father didn't say anything else, but he somehow knew that if he told me to leave that he'll never see his long lost son again. "I won't tell you to leave Mathias, but you have broken the rules and normally the clan exiles the child from it. I'm sorry Mathias, I should have been more responsible with you and Gabriel a long time ago. Since your back though, I still think you're fit to be the alpha Charizard of the nest." He still had faith in me and he still loved me. Speaking of which I didn't see Gabriel around, maybe he's still attacking humans like he always did when we were kids. "Where's Gabriel? I haven't seen him on my way here." What father said next was more shocking than anything. "Gabriel has been attacking more and more humans lately. He's been blaming them for your disappearance. What's worse is he about killed one yesterday. Not to mention he's obsessed with finding you. Most likely he went to the mountains. Its best not to go there right now Stonecrusher's brother went missing last week and nobody knows where he went." Stonecrusher's brother, missing? I didn't think about it at the time, but I did miss Stonecrusher and since I did break their rules, I can't step foot in there or even fly close to it. I was exiled from the clan for disobeying and I had to take my punishment. When a member of the clan disobeys the rules they are exiled by their own kind. Father however didn't have it in him to fully exile me. It was getting late and I had to return back to the house and help Leo out. The old Venusaur wouldn't let it go if I kept him doing everything himself. "I got to go mother and father. I'll try to visit you both again when I get some free time to do so." They was happy to know that I was still alive and I promised them I would see them whenever I could. It was time to head back and help Leo with the house.

I took off and put the berry that Leo gave me into my mouth. It wasn't much but the oran berry did taste pretty good and that was enough for me. As I finally got back to the house it was just before it got to dark to see. I walked into the house and was ready to go to sleep. "How was your visit Mathias?" Guess Leo was still awake when I walked in. I couldn't tell him it was perfect, because it wasn't. "It went okay, could have went a lot worse." That was an understatement. My father could have killed me right there and not know the truth. "My father was furious with me for being gone for eighteen years, but he understood that I'm with Zeke now." As I told him while we was going upstairs to our beds. The next six months will be more or less the same, at least that's what I thought. What I didn't know was that the end of those six months was about to become a living hell.

Last edited by ShadowCharizard on Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:08 am

Outbreak

Six months had passed since I've went to see my parents. Something odd though did happen a few days ago. There were helicopters just out of town and the humans was getting onto them for some reason. Come to think of it, the humans that got onto it didn't return. Either way its probably nothing real serious, but I was unaware of what was going on. Leo came up to me and it looked like he was going somewhere to get something. "I'm heading to Saffron City to get something for Bastet. I'll be back by sundown." Seems Leo must be getting a bed for her as well. Since I only have a makeshift bed and not an actual bed of my own, I wondered if its because of my actions in the past. Sundown came and I was waiting for Leo to return. I looked out the window onto the town and it felt so empty without anyone there. As the moon began to rise into the sky, Leo hasn't came back yet. Maybe he had to take the long way around. It was around midnight when I realized that Leo hasn't came back to the house yet. Something was amiss, but it was probably the Venusaur needed to rest for the night near Cerulean City after all, it is a long walk to Saffron if you really think about it. The next morning I woke up and decided to wait for Leo by looking out the window. Then I thought to myself, he should have been back by now.

It was now noon and I waited and waited and waited, there was still now sign of him. Normally he can find his way back no problem, but this time I wasn't to sure. I turned around and my tail hit the television remote. The remote hit the floor just right to turn on the power to the television. I looked at the tv and began listening to it for a bit at first. It was usually common human shows on so I was about ready to walk out of the room and wait outside until a news report came on the tv. "We have breaking news. The situation in Johto has gotten worse and military officials have also obtained reports in Kanto as well of pokemon attacking and fatally wounding both human and pokemon alike. Officials are urging civilians to remain indoors, don't go outside and make sure you are well stocked with food, water and a first aid kit. If you need to travel be sure to have a weapon on you at all times and avoid the following cities in Kanto. Celadon, Saffron, Cerulean, and Pewter." Saffron? Leo said he was going there yesterday and if what the human on the television said was true then Leo must have not known of what was going on. Of course he knew how to take care of himself and the pokemon that are killing others wouldn't stand a chance. The next day came and still no sign of Leo. The tv was still on from yesterday and the news was still going. "We have new information on this crisis that seemed to be thought isolated in both Kanto and Johto, but now other areas including Orre, Hoenn, Unova and Sinnoh are beginning to see the same situation occur. Also survivors who the military had rescued began to make outlandish reports of calling the attacking pokemon, zombies. Then, just now officials have confirmed the reports that any pokemon that is bitten, scratched, or even eats something rotten will die within a time period. One report did come in that the poeple bitten come down with an illness then died from it. Also in the report that the pokemon that died had risen back up as zombies. If you know anyone that......" It ended and in a horrible way as the reporter got attacked right on tv. I had a bad feeling that Leo was in trouble and I needed to help him.

Making my way outside, I looked around for anything unusual. There was no sign of anything, but when I looked behind the house a dark cloud could be seen moving towards Pallet Town. I didn't have time to stay and wait for the rain to come and go, Leo needs my help and fast. Taking to the air and heading in the direction of Saffron City a small group of pidgeots started screaming fly for your life. Something must have spooked them if they flew off like that. I arrived just outside of Saffron City and looking in it was blocked off and it looked like a war zone. The reporter mentioned yesterday that to avoid Saffron, I wonder why though. I flew over the barrier they put in the way and started making my way down to the center of town. That's when I spotted Leo right by the large store. "Mathias, you shouldn't.......have come here. Its to....dangerous." He was wounded badly and by both sides of him was dead pokemon. Their color however had purplish spots on them. I walked over to help Leo, but looking upon his body his vegetation on his back was withered and purple spots was also on him. His eyes was severely blood shot as he gazed upon me. "Leo, what happened!?" Before I got close to him, he shot his vine whip out and struck the ground near my feet. I didn't understand why he did that until I realized he was protecting me from him. "Don't come.....near me.....Mathias. I've been.....infected with some.......illness." Oh no, not Leo my only mentor was infected by the illness. "I'm not leaving you Leo, you can fight this! Not just for me, but for Bastet!" The Venusaur didn't say or do anything else. I walked closer to him eventually I was just a mere foot away from him. His vines came out and lightly wrapped around my right arm once. "Take care....of Zeke.....Mathias... and Bastet.....as well." Hearing those words had started to make me tear up. My mentor was dying right in front of me and I was powerless to save him. "Don't say that Leo, you're going to be okay." What I had said though wasn't true as Leo spoke his final breath. "Don't......forget......me....." The vine unwrapped and fell to the ground. Leo was dead and soon he'd come back as an undead. I put his vine onto his back and turned to leave. Something however didn't feel right. The sun was setting and when I turned around to look at Leo's body, it was already standing back up. Only now he was moving at me slowly. Drool and blood was coming out of his maw as he moved towards me with every step. "Leo, its me, Mathias, don't you remember?" Upon his moans he was able to say something. "Kill me, Mathias. Please." I just couldn't. I was backing up in fear until I was in a corner. Leo had closed the distance and began to use his rotted vines to pull me in towards him. Then, I attacked, I used flamethrower on Leo and didn't stop until he fell over in a flaming inferno. "Thank.....you....Mathias." As the flames died down to that of a light ember, I was in grief that I had killed Leo. It was out of defense, but then I began to worry about my parents.

I flew out of Saffron and head towards nest hoping my parents was still alive. Flying as fast I could, I made it to nest and started to look for mother and father. There was no sign of them. Maybe they went to the mountains to protect the clan and Stonecrusher. Since I'm an exile though I can't step foot in there. Zeke, Bastet, the others. I needed to head to Orre and find them and join them in dealing with this now outbreak that its being called. Arceus please let them be alive.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:55 pm

The Search for Bastet and Zeke

It took several days to get from Johto to Orre and along the way though as I was flying, I seen a large charizard in the distance. At first I thought it was my father and mother, so I flew closer and when I got close enough I realized it wasn't my father, but my cousin. The feeling I started getting though wasn't just a sense of fear, but true terror. It was the Harbinger Charizard and seems he was looking for someone to kill. I knew if I got closer that I'd end up being targeted. Right away, I flew the away from my cousin in hope he didn't notice me. Gaining some distance from my cousin I looked back to see if I was being followed. Luckily I avoided detection, but what I did next was not the best choice I had. Flying to the ground and landed in a park, I looked for something to eat. As luck had it and not in the best way, some berries was on a table, Just as I grabbed one though it felt very mushy and a putrid odor came out of it. It smelt like the pokemon back in Saffron. It was a bad move as undead pokemon came flooding out. Some of their bodies was eaten by their own brethren. I looked around to see what I could use until I seen a cylinder shaped object by something humans use to cook on. When I used flamethrower on it, what I didn't expect to happen was it not to explode. It exploded and hurled a knife right at me. Before I could react the knife sliced me in between the eyes in a diagonal line. Blood started dripping down and the undead went into a frenzy. If I stayed here any longer I'd end up like Leo a walking corpse. I flew off and continued making my way to Orre.

Arriving in Orre was the first step though now I needed to find Zeke and Bastet before the undead do. Where to begin was the hardest question and so I flew around. I came across a village and decided to check it out. As I walked into the village, an Ariados was flinging electrified web at the ground hoping I'd step onto it. Instead of fighting her, I had told her I don't fight other living. The Ariados was named Glinyua, probably the first bug type I've met since arriving in Orre. She didn't seem to stable, but none the less she was more what I would say the one in charge. I went up the hill and to my surprise a dead soldier was on the ground. It looked like he died from being shot at before the undead had gotten him. In seconds I ran down the hill and was about to leave, but something had awakened in me. for as long as I was away from Zeke, my wild nature started returning. Both me and Glinyua fought off the undead and successfully eliminated them all. After a while I fell asleep on top of the pokemon center's roof. The dream I had was going good for a while until it turned into a nightmare. In it I seen Leo coming at me and I couldn't attack him. His vines wrapped around me and dragged me right at him. Then he started biting me. I woke up in a fright looking around and talked with Glinyua for a bit.

After talking to her I made my way to look around to see if I could find a place to keep both Glinyua and a Yamask that showed up safe for the night. Suddenly, I heard yelling. "Huh? I wonder who could be yelling?" I said to myself then that's when I seen the Yamask attacking the Ariados. This had to be stopped and since the Yamask was a ghost type I had my shadow claw ready to break the attacker's concentration. Just as that Yamask whatever it called itself for a name was about to finish Glinyua, I swung my claws throwing its concentration off to release the bug type from the attack. It made the ghost mad as it insulted me for interfering, but I wasn't going to let it get to me. Glinyua was hurt and the burns on her was enough to keep her from walking on her own. She needed the berries I found earlier and fast. So I helped her up and tried to carry her over to the house. Unknowingly, I was about to be teleported away from Agate village to an asylum in arceus knows where. My body then felt unusually light at first, then I vanished right in front of her. During the entire time I was being teleported, time had felt like it was changing quickly. Then, I reappeared but asleep in the asylum
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:35 pm

A New Partnership

I had another nightmare and it was more gruesome than the last one. In that nightmare After I was bitten by Leo, I became a walking corpse and Leo had asked in that nightmare. "Mathias....Why? Why didn't you kill me?" Then I woke up. The sounds of talking had been on the other side of the curtain and when I looked around on what I was laying on. It was an operating table and there was blood around me. How did I get here and who could have teleported me to this place? Continuing to hear the voices behind the curtain had told me that I wasn't the only one that was sent here. I got up off the table and when I opened the curtain, I had met Glass that day. We had no idea where we were or the time of day. There was one other pokemon with us. A Riolu named Taph. As I approached the door and tried to open it, the door seemed to be jammed by specialized metal, not to mention the lock was broken. We started working on the door to get out of this room we're in. Given the situation that we faced, it was either escape or rot in this room and I was set on escaping. Glinyua needed me, but at the same time Zeke and Bastet did as well. Once we was able to get ride of the first hinge on the door something unexpected had been in the ventilation shaft. It was an undead and it was looking for an easy kill. The undead pokemon was severely disfigured that I couldn't even figure out what it was. I pulled as hard as I could with my Shadow Claw ahold of the back of the shrapnel. Breaking it loose I wasted no time in throwing it. It was sharp enough to pierce through its skull as it wailed a horrifying shriek. Taph however had stopped breathing and I didn't realize that he had died in my arms. I had not noticed he was infected with the virus and when he came back as an undead, he didn't attack me. This was very different from what Leo did when he came back as an undead. Still, Taph was a child and neither me or Glass had in us to kill him. For one such as Taph, I felt sorry for the Riolu, no longer able to become a Lucario. Now that I think of it, I owe Taph my life for that day. Glass, me and Taph had talked for a while, taking a break from getting that door open. I asked her about another Absol named Dusk and what she told me was sad, much like how I had no choice but to put Leo down.

After we talked about her friend, I realized Glass wasn't the only one who had suffered at the hands of fate. It was cruel and unforgiving, but at the same time kind and generous. We got back to work on the door and the hinge below was out of my reach making it more of Glass and Taph's range. The acid that was in the syringe was useful for this as it weakened the metal on the hinge. it took a while, but after they broke the hinge off, the door was no longer able to stay up. It started moving inwards, both Glass and Taph was in the way of it falling. Thankfully she grabbed Taph and got out of the way in time before it landed on them. What we didn't expect was a dead body of a human to come with the door. The corpse stunk and it was riddled with bullet holes as well as bite marks. Glass however started acting unusual, but I had figured it was psychic powers that she learned was assaulting her mind. I look out into the hall and there was dead bodies everywhere, doctors nurses even security had been slaughtered by their own patients. Not only that, a few soldiers was there as well and amongst the bloody mess was human weapons that was splattered with blood. Piecing together the thing wasn't even possible. I couldn't tell who got who other than what Glass mentioned. With the mess in the hall and how narrow it was I couldn't even fly above the bodies to avoid the blood splatter. The west door was our initial choice at first, but the door was sealed off from the other side and boarded to be repaired. We had no choice but to go to the east door. Luck was on our side as the door was able to open. Setting Taph down on the floor was a chance for me to look down the shaft and there was no way down there. The stairs going down was destroyed and the only way was up.

We headed up the stairs onto the third floor and had realized the way out was more difficult than we originally thought. The sensors was armed and it seemed someone had intentionally made sure to keep the undead isolated. Thankfully I knew about this from Zeke when he came back from his military unit. All of us took a deep breath and made our move. The alarm goes off and the undead start rushing in large numbers. We ran as fast as we could to the door and eventually making it to the west stairway. I started using my flamethrower to decrease the undead for a small amount of time and with the help of Glass and Taph, we held the door shut on the undead until the alarm died out. We took a small break to catch our breath and it was time to get out of there. Making our way down the stairs, I had thought it would have been easy to escape and back to my search. However, I was dead wrong. Opening the door to the first floor, the hallway leading to the lobby was as if nothing had been there. The feeling I had wasn't a good sign. It was to quiet for it to be safe and I was right. A Machamp appeared and he was looking for revenge against me. I also realized that he was not only insane, but without his trainer nothing would stop him from killing me. I didn't remember much at the time, but now that I think of it I humiliated him when he was a Machoke. Now he wants to kill not only me, but both Taph and Glass. I had the last syringe with me still and the acid in it was potent. We fought with him and our strength wasn't enough to take him on as he hit Taph first. I charged in and landed a hit with Aerial Ace, but it wasn't enough to do much to him. He was very strong and extremely pissed at me as he threw me at Glass. Without thinking twice I corrected myself from flying right into the Absol and used my claws to slow myself down from sliding into her. Then I tried a different tactic and attack with shadow claw. Each swing was dodged as if he was toying with me, trying to humiliate me before he would kill me. Before I knew it I took a kick to the stomach as it knocked the wind out of me. I was gasping for air from the blow, but the Machamp grabbed me with his lower two arms and used his upper arms to punch me. Blow after blow, I couldn't fight back with my arms being held to my body. If Glass hadn't done what she done, I would have been dead right there in that Asylum and Bastet would have been heartbroken. I fell to the ground right and started to get back up slowly from the hits I took. Staggering to my feet, I had to check on Taph as he was slowly moving towards the Machamp. Glass was able to wound the fighting type's arm enough to get a chance to use that last syringe I had taken with me. Here goes nothing Thinking to myself as I rushed in with Aerial ace and when I stopped, I stabbed the syringe into his arm and injected the acid into it. Knocking me off him, the Machamp was screaming in pain. I got back up and attacked, slashing his arm causing the acid to weaken our foe further. Taph had finally attacked and bit the Machamp and that was all I needed to finish him off. With our attacks, we had finally defeated him, but one thing still bothers me today. What did he mean by my destiny, my fate. Without asking him, I burned his body to the point where he wouldn't get back up as an undead. Then I slashed the leg off that Taph was biting. With out foe dead, I found two things one of them was shining light into my eyes. After giving them to both Taph and Glass, we went our separate ways their. I decided to return to Agate Village to help Glinyua out, not knowing that mine and Glass' path would cross again.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:26 pm

To The Under

Agate was overtaken by the undead and Glinyua was nowhere to be found. I couldn't land with the undead being everywhere. Landing would mean me being infected or dead and I don't feel like being a walking corpse in search of food. Seeing that there was no way of getting any lower, I flew away from Agate knowing it was lost to them now. The desert sun was hot and since I have resistance because of my type, it felt rather nice. It was then I found a tunnel leading underground. I haven't had much to eat and I need to rest for a while. So I went into the tunnel in search of food and somewhere to rest. There wasn't enough space to fly and to make matters worse, it smelt like death. I hope Bastet was okay. Going deeper was a bad idea at first as I heard screams echoing from the other side of the under which they call it. "What the? Am I not the only one here? Either way I need to get somewhere safe for the night before continuing." I come up to a building and opened the doors. It looked like the whole place was empty. No humans, no pokemon, just an abandoned building which could be of use for me to sleep in for the night.Time went on and I found myself once again crossing paths with Glass but she had someone else with her. An Umbreon named Cosmic. What kind of mutation did he go through? Nobody knows but there was also another figure with them. Another Charizard named Forrik. He was infected and I could tell by his coloration and his tail flame getting smaller. His death was certain but he was unusual for someone infected. His eye though. Something that was constantly open and could never close. It was kind of unsettling. We soon made way to traverse the halls of the floor we was on but unfortunately HAL had gone insane. What caused it was unknown. Whether it was the fact that jealousy was a thing or not. It had caused a dangerous situation to happen. A Poliwrath was standing behind the shutter and as it opened, we found ourselves in a battle and with us fighting as hard as we could, we nearly had a disadvantage. However HAL made a mistake, thanks to the sprinkler system, it masked our scent enough to start landing some good hits. However, Forrik. He was dying. We couldn't save him from his fate and if HAL had any feelings, it seen Forrik as a friend. No, more than just a friend. Someone who he relied on. 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:44 am