Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+16
Silverishness
Abysswalker
Phoenix
Moon Moon
Volcarona
Nightfall
Min
MightEpicon
CelestialSeren
Cofagrigus
Scizor
Lucario
Chroma
renegade
identitist
2KB
20 posters

(ACE) The BURNED Team

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Chroma
    Chroma
    Rookie
    Rookie

(ACE) The BURNED Team - Page 2 Empty Re: (ACE) The BURNED Team

Post by Chroma Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Ecruteak City | Morning | 5

Prince immediately poofs up, obviously alarmed by the multiple screams and explosions, before his ear flicks, annoyed by the sudden, sharp whistle. Looking around, his red eyes immediately lock on the glints in the sky. Until the Haxorus yells, he has no idea what they are, or why he should be scared, but once the answer hits him, Prince's pupils shrink in horror. "RUN! ... I SAID FUCKING RUN!"
    Luckily, he's not scared enough to just sit in one place, and promptly runs. He hated being told what to do, but, he assured himself that it was of his own choice, not because of the Haxorus. Darting towards the tower looming over the scene, he folds his ears back as he hears more attacks being shot at the two undead.

His eyes want to move over to the Sawsbuck, but he begrudgingly ignores her. If she was hit, that was her own fault, and wasn't his problem. He was more concerned about himself, after all, he was more important than all of the Pokemon here combined. His train of thought however, was broken when a meteor landed right in front of him. Being unable to control his momentum, he smacked into it, a sharp edge of the meteor creating a scratch on the bridge of his nose. Rubbing his face before backing up and continuing, he groans. Was he doomed to run into things today? Ugh.

When he reached the tower, he ran in and hid immediately. Being careful not to fall into the hole that led down into a lower section, he walks across the wood, which creaked under his paws.
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:04 pm

Ecruteak City | | Morning
    71 | | 21

Sweet, sweet destruction. Chunks of primordial energy pelting down onto the already barren earth bloom craters and flowers of debris, a sight that can only fuel the beast further. This is what he lives for--no, not live--strives for. The very sound and act that he remains in this battered world for, the sole reason why he clings so dearly to exist on the mortal plane. The adrenaline coursing through his blackened lungs, the amount of power he holds with a single strike, it's all feels enough to make him live a thousand lives more. Paladin breaks into a rotten grin, crumbling lips twisting to reveal the rows of his gore-laden teeth. Yes. This is his domain, his kingdom of rule, and nobody will steal it from him.

Unflinching when a meteor crashes nearby, a few stray shards of rock graze his filthy scales. The impact releases harsh light and power, blowing away nearby piles of dust. Despite the calamity raging around him he hears a faint sound from directly underneath him, a voice. "It hurts..." A brown pelt, paler underbelly, and branch-like antlers curling above it's head...thick foliage like a halo circling above it's pained expression...a deer...

Pure.

"Get away from her!" The Altaria from earlier cries out and Paladin catches sight of rippling sound waves heading towards it. Instinctively he swerves his head, the Hyper Voice only clashing against his right cheek. Shaking his head as if to shake the attack away, he looms directly over the Sawsbuck beneath him and snarls.

"Oh," his voice is gravelly and near unintelligable, almost purring, "look who came running back." His single hand-head extends out, burnt snout hovering only a few centimetres away from the cervine's face. He sneers. "How I've longed to see you again," Paladin's voice drops to a raspy whisper. "Pure."

When he hears the crashing sound of meteors the Swampert stumbles back. Drowned is familiar with this attack, where hell rains from the skies, and without hesitation he begins an immediate, clumsy retreat. He can feel the Mienfoo's paws stamping the ground as it draws closer, and the water type only drags himself faster. A few stray meteors manage to fall near them, a chunk of molten rock crashing through trees and splintering wood.

Looking back he sees an orb of green form at the Mienfoo's palm, readying a Drain Punch. Drowned roars, baring his teeth as he slowly takes step backwards further away from the city.
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:52 pm

[ooc: skip prince lmao...i thought if i waited a few days i would get some idea of what to write but honestly he's just running for his life so rip]
    2KB
    2KB

Post by 2KB Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ecruteak City || Morning

"Get away from her!" The altaria screeches. Amara attempted to crawl away at the sight of the sound waves rippling through the air and right at the dragon. But before she could do anything, the hydreigon is face-to-face with the sawsbuck. She couldn't pull her gaze away from the immense gore that covered its face as if she was staring straight into the abyss.
        "Oh, look who came running back." The undead rumbles, "How I've longed to see you again, Pure." The emphasis on the word pure, but in the context it didn't sound like an adjective, but a noun, a name. However, Amara pulls a blank, her mind unable to process the words of fate and immediately depended on her instinct.
        The earth around her immediately shoots up, three pillars of mud and mineral slamming up the hydreigon's crotch and two of their heads. A result from Nature Power using the sawsbuck's surroundings. She forcefully puts more weight on her wounded leg to push herself up, quickly and clumsily limping away from the dragon and towards the altaria.
       She would be lying if she said her wound didn't hurt. It stung, it kept stinging with every step. Tears were close to welling up in her eyes, but she held it in. It was embarrassing and weakness was bad, especially in an apocalypse, she needed the aid of others and to do that she needed to be strong she needed to show leadership. Amara knew that much.
        "We should hide in the tower," She panted. No time for introductions, if they live long enough for it, sure, but otherwise the sawsbuck knew she couldn't take on the hydreigon as she was. The group now scattered, she felt the strong need that they all needed to bail and hide. A coward's way is what her comrades would say if she was still with her trainer and team, however it was the only way that she could continue onward without dying to an undead.
        It was always during her battle with the risen was that her mind would not be painted with the words of don't die, but to stay alive.

(and I quote: "do it, hit paladin in the crotch" -cedric when I asked if I could hit paladin w/earth power)
    identitist
    identitist
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by identitist Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:05 pm

[Pardon, but skip me this turn; I'm sick and I also have a lot of math left to do... otl. I'll get you next turn, Drowned.]
    Lucario
    Lucario
    Harbinger
    Harbinger

Post by Lucario Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:35 pm

The rancid stench of decay clung to the wooden beams that once held the tower strong and tall. Its source lurked nearby, behind a section of destroyed wall, watching the prey that had wandered so innocently into his sight.

Lucario's blazing crimson eyes latched onto the Espeon that had dashed in from outside, only to let his guard down and start exploring the inside of the tower. Sounds from outside indicated a struggle, no doubt involving some of his lesser brethren, which the Eeveelution had clearly fled from.

The psychic-type's eyes were wide with curiosity as he wandered, turning his head towards the harbinger and -- what was that? Lucario ducked out of sight, but not before spotting something glittering on the Espeon's forehead. A jewel?! So pure...so...beautiful...he just had to have it.

The Espeon turned in his direction, still obvious to the harbinger's presence. At that moment, Lucario lunged out of his hiding place, landing on all fours in front of the the startled Espeon. Tail raised high, greasy fur bristling and mouth parting to reveal filthy, sharp teeth, no wonder he looked so terrified.

"That," Lucario said softly, pointing to the gorgeous jewel embedded in the Eeveelution's head. "I want that..."

The Espeon immediately saw sense and bolted across the wooden floor. Calmly, Lucario held up his paw and, with a Psychic, lifted the Espeon off the ground. He squirmed and writhed and begged to be put down. Lucario held him in midair for a moment, pondering what to do.

Was it an accessory or was it...attached? Lucario tipped the Espeon upside down and shook him, trying to dislodge the jewel. The only thing it did was make the Espeon complain even louder. Lucario gritted his teeth in frustration and released his hold on him, letting him drop roughly to the floor.

"Why won't it come out?!" he raged, more to himself than anyone else. "I want it!" There was only one thing for it.

Lucario looked back to the Espeon only to see that he had got up and was limping away as quickly as he could. Rage boiled through Lucario's blood; his jewel was getting away! "NO! DON'T YOU DARE RUN AWAY!" he screamed, blasting a Dragon Pulse in his direction. The Espeon was launched into the opposite wall, ribs audibly snapping as he slammed into the wood.

Within seconds Lucario was back upon him as he lay on the floor crying out in agony. Using Psychic he lifted the Espeon back into the air, the Eeveelution now screaming and begging for mercy. Charging up another Dragon Pulse, he launched it straight towards the Espeon's skull.

An explosion of blood, brain tissue and skull fragments soaked the harbinger as the Espeon's head was blasted from his neck. Lucario let the headless body drop to the floor as he dove into the remains of the skull, digging through the mess for his prize. Eventually he found it, examining the bloodstained jewel at eye level, wiping it clean with his other paw.

"It's...nice," Lucario said gently, smiling as he finished cleaning the jewel. It sparkled and glimmered in the beams of morning sunlight that shone through the gaps in the wall. "Beautiful...

Lucario had no need for the meat; another treasure for his collection was more than enough for him.

Satisfied, he left, leaving the Espeon's headless body and shattered skull for his friends to discover.
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:21 pm

Ecruteak City | | Morning
    72 | | 22

As massive shards of rock collide with his body (in places he dare not say--) the Hydreigon immediately recoils, roaring his pain in long, harsh screeches as he writhes in the air. He doesn't remember Pure having such a strong attack--when did she learn such a move? She must've trained during their separation. Terrible agony pulses in his rotten body, violently grinding the rows of his teeth as his hulking figure meanders backwards only to hit a wall. Arm tense and wings shaking, the undead manages to lift himself a little higher into the air and realizes that he has taken too much damage. With every slight movement there is a hellish ache, not the usual pain that comes with long-term rot, a quick burning sensation that only fuels to infuriate him further.

Paladin does not notice the Dragon Pulse until it's a few metres away from him, recklessly swerving sideways so the bulk of it hits his ripped shoulder. This time, the behemoth does not utter a sound, only heavy, rough breathing following the attack. However, the silence doesn't last long, an awful sound vibrating from his raw throat before he releases a massive blaze towards the Altaria who dares aggress him--a Fire Blast.

But the Hydreigon knows when he's stayed for too long. With a sharp jerk of his body he floats higher upwards, painfully, and begins to fly away from the city. He can't stay anymore, not in his current condition, he would have to return for Pure at a later date...and when he does, he will surely take her.

"You can't run from me."

Drowned nearly immediately notices the black figure rising into the clear skies--the Hydreigon. Did he finish his business here, already? The dragon was rising slowly, almost stumbling in the air, and the Swampert takes further steps back. It isn't wise to stick around living without that monster around--he knows his limits--and with shaking legs and twitching scowl he shoots the Mienfoo a sharp glare and snarl. Without further delay he lumbers backwards, slowly to the side, before he turns and makes his escape, closely following the dark speck cruising haphazardly through the clouds above.

[ooc: leaving post]
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:35 pm

[ooc: lmao skip because i know i don't have enough time to post for burned. prince caught up w/ the others and entered the tower, barely noticing phi's remains until he stopped. as soon as he sees the remains he stumbles backwards and gags, recognizing what is left as an espeon, and begins to panic.]
    2KB
    2KB

Post by 2KB Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:42 am

Ecruteak City || Morning

She entered the tower with short breaths, dizzy with the pain beginning to numb her leg, but she tried her best to not falter.
        Oh how much she longed to sit her ass down and just take a break.
        In the corner of her eye did she manage to spot a dark figure escape the tower, was it the espeon? No.
        Amara felt the familiar sensation of blood and guts stench the area, a puddle of blood, that she failed to notice, was slowly forming around the corpse of the espeon that was alive no longer than a few minutes ago.
        She winced at the sight. Never could the Sawsbuck get used to it. All she could do was look down in shame, staring at her reflection in the crimson liquid. I'm sorry you didn't live long enough and I did.
        It didn't take long for the Haxorus to come in. Prince entered the tower with haste, but stopped immediately when his eyes laid on the corpse. Amara didn't dare question whether he took care of the living dead as he already started gagging at the gore glorifying the area.
        "...I think it's best we quickly search the area again, Prince." Amara murmured, "Danger could still be lurking. We wouldn't want to be facing the same fate."

(late af post b/c i've been facing existential crisis and manga scanlations deadlines. i'm also sick of a lot of people's shit, but that won't stop me from posting :D hoorah. very short paragraphs, i didn't want to go in-depth on the details b/c v straightforward situation)
    identitist
    identitist
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by identitist Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:56 pm

The mienfoo is tired, winded, half-blinded -- really, it should be in her best interest to run or even just play dead on the floor. But her upbringing yells against it, hissing at her to stand up and show her what she's worth, to keep fighting or die trying. Her drain punch is prepared, and she is everything except unprepared to give that swampert a damn good sock right in his half-rotten cranium --

Except... is... is the swampert rambling away?

It was. She had expected it to keep fighting her, to come and try to take a bite out of her; she had expected to be able to land a hard punch to the creature's rotten carcass, to drain whatever sort of life an undead could possibly have, but no. No, it was stumbling away with a mal glare and snarl at her, and she knew that it couldn't possibly be because she was too strong for it. It was running away because it didn't have the time to deal with her.

"Wha -- wai -- get back here, I'm not done," she snarls out, before she feels a sharp pain in her ribs that causes her knee to buckle so slightly as she tries to take a quicker step towards the retreating undead. "You can't be serious, that's -- that's all you got...?"

Any attempts to goad it back to fighting was futile -- it was gone, and the mienfoo just lets out an indiscernible noise of frustration and an exhale of pain as her physical soreness catches up with her. To Danzi, who had dedicated her whole life to fighting -- somehow, this was almost humiliating. An undead of that calibre, rotting and attracting flies as it walked, abandoning their fight not because of her but because of the black dragon in the sky was also retreating.

She simply lets herself sit down slowly while scowling after the prints and stench of the other that led back into the woods, a paw curling around her side to hold her rib structure. Arceus damn it... now, she was just in pain with bruises at the least if not anything broken. She remembered the other group of pokémon that had joined the earlier fray one after another, and just possibly, she would have to stay with them for a moment until she recuperated enough to go on...

Ugh. At least for a second, she would allow herself to rest, closing her eyes briefly as she weighed her decisions -- to keep going on alone, or to actually settle down into a group of strangers again...
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:59 pm

Burned Tower || Morning

"...I think it's best we quickly search the area again, Prince. Danger could still be lurking. We wouldn't want to be facing the same fate." The Sawsbuck's low voice slowly manages to bring the Haxorus back to his senses, despite his eyes still fixed on the mangled carcass before him. Although the tower carried a faint sent of gore and blood before--what place doesn't, in this apocalyptic hell?--the stench becomes increasingly apparent with the Espeon's cadaver.

Prince opens his mouth to speak, but only finds a low raspy whine emitting from his throat. Unable to coherently form words he resigns to shutting his jaws, looking around to notice that the other two--the Altaria and Mienfoo--has yet to arrive. Judging by the eerie silence the undead have left. After all, if Paladin was still around the behemoth would be causing mass havoc, still.

"Let's...do a quick scan of the lobby before the other two get here." He begins hesitantly, starting to gesture to the side. He didn't want the other two survivors in here if they find an undead, the space if cramped enough already as it is, not to mention it would be easier to maneuver around. "I'll take the left side, and you can take the right side? Just a quick sweep to make sure there's no immediate danger."

Prince surprises himself a little, with how firm his speech is despite the rising nausea in his stomach. Maybe he's getting a little too used to this, he thinks, and he's not really sure if that's a bad thing.

[ooc: sorry this is so late my dad just got back from korea and it's been chaos trying to get things done in the house. rip.]
    Scizor
    Scizor
    Harbinger
    Harbinger

Post by Scizor Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:20 am

The city known for bearing the marks of its history surely has never had this many scars. Interwoven, gashing wounds that transformed the once beautiful city into a grotesque new assemblage. It was almost beautiful. However, the pincher pokemon had no interest in the architecture, he was looking for a real masterpiece.

For once, the faint humming of his rusted, chiseled wings didn't accompany his approach. Instead, metal toes almost delicately cross over fallen debris and marks previously etched into the floor. He had been watching them. They came from the outside, intent on entering his current shelter and who was the scizor to stop them? Maybe they knew of his new look and have come to marvel. If not, he would surely show them regardless...Using one pincher, he carefully repositions his "scarf"

The rigid, reeking braxien around the harbinger's neck had not fared well since their departure from the cold weather. It's blood had leaked everywhere, showering the scizor in a fresh coat of uneven paint. Blood also matted the once soft fur, clumping it into disgusting bundles of rotting meat. Frequent repositions and tying has left the body with little form or resemblance of its living appearance. It's tail and legs practically just stumps with clipped bone jutting out to greet the morning.

They enter, one by one, each taking time to notice his brother's handiwork. Brief jealousy flares within the scizor. His brother had gotten such a beautiful jewel...almost as beautiful as the crimson mirror it's corpse had painted across the worn floor. He had almost gotten lost gazing into its mesmerizing depths from behind several large, concealing pillars. Only when he catches a glimpse of something with a brighter shine does he break his gaze. A jewel... An injured deer had crept close. The large gash on her right ankle revealed her beautiful insides to the air, letting blood flow. "Such beauty...this mirror, you see it too?"

Eagerly, the metal bug creeps out from his hiding place to stand before the sawbuck. His metal toes splashing through the blood and brain matter of the deceased espeon. "Beauty...beauty...your jewel is so beautiful." The grass-type recoils from his approach, nearly tripping over herself as she back-pedals. Emotions the harbinger can no longer name dance within the injured pokemon's eyes. It makes them shine...just like her jewel... With a start, he comes to the realization that this pokemon may not be willing to simply give him the desired treasure. Clamping one powerful pincher on his scarf, he yanks it off himself with an audible sound.

"Trade me." It's not a question and with each denial from the sawsbuck his currently calm demeanor cracks and splinters. "Trade me!" The words come out as a choked scream from his raw, damaged throat. The sensation of blood pooling at the back of his throat registers in the back of his damaged mind, but it's only a dull feeling compared to the collage of jealousy, frustration, and anger. Jumping along with his prized possession into the air, he twirls, glows, and blasts the corpse with a vacuum punch into the deer.

She falls backward with a loud scream that swiftly turns bloodcurdling. Stomping forward, deaf to the cries, he leans over the deer...Her ankle had become even more beautiful...twisting in an abstract way thanks to an upturned board and the tumbling of her body. Without thinking, he reaches forward to grasp the gorgeous limb--only to have his pincher kicked away. The grass-type's eyes and mouth were as wide as the hole of the burned tower. She thrashs and kicks, trying to get rid of him--TRYING TO KEEP BOTH TREASURES!

"You MONSTER! You cheated me! You can't have either! You don't deserved anything! You don't deserve to have beauty!" Reaching a fever pitch, he propels himself in a full body tackle at the sawsbuck. His wings beating rapidly to accompany his jump and madness. The scizor tears the pokemon to pieces. Pincher after pincher dives and scoops, crushes, tears into the supple flesh and fur. Clumps are thrown haphazardly to the side or smashed back into the deer's widening chest cavity. Her scream from her ankle was nothing compared to this one--one that only stops as blood is forced up her throat and clogs it.

Panting as he comes down from his high, the form before him is barely recognizable. A mess of dyed red fur to match the metal of his own exoskeleton. Trembling, his scoots torn flesh and fur aside to find his prize. There...! It takes several attempts, but soon enough it is within his grasp. Clasping it carefully within one pincher, he uses his other to gingerly pick up the braxien. Instead of taking it back, he pulls it carefully through the sawsbuck's remains. After looping it around what he believes is her neck he can't help but grin. "One of us has to keep our promises!" The harbinger sneers at the corpse.

Standing up, he beats his wings harder than before to take off through the open roof. Metal wings carrying him far from the tower and sight. The morning air blowing through his fresh coating of 'paint' and working to dry it. Even some bits of the sinew and fur has stuck! Such art...this is what beautiful 'mon felt like.
    Cofagrigus
    Cofagrigus

Post by Cofagrigus Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:33 pm

Cofagrigus Post 5
    Ekruteak, Morning

"Cofa... hungry... So hungry..." The harbinger rumbled quietly, pained. It had been weeks since the... remains of the bug had been divulged from him, the impaled corpse nothing more than a dessicated husk, drained of it's mousture and nutrients by the Sarcophagus. The creature in question still lay by the Ghost's side, cumbling more and more to dust, looking a thousand years ancient as the morning light cast heavy shadows over the sunken features. "Cofa... so hungry..." The coffin rumbled again, sinking into a shadowy smear on the ground... "Cofa... hunt... Cofa... feed..."

The shadow rose from the ground, a silent monolith behind the resting fox. "Cofa... feed..." was the hollow whisper, echoing from inside the golden box as transclucent arms raced forward, gripping tight at the wrists of the Meinfoo. "Cofa... eat...." The tendrils yanked backwards and upwards, the shoulders of the fighing type twisting, cracking with a muted crunch and pained scream. The Harbinger raised the strappadoed creature, turning it this way and that by crushed wrists, hanging it from cracked shoulder blades. "You... feed Cofagrigus... You food..." the rumbling voice intoned. A muted THUNK escaped the harbinger as it unhinged itself, yawning wide at the hinges, stuffing the Meinfoo inside before slamming the door, the sound echoing around the town.

"Cofa not... greedy. Cofa take you slow...." The ghost whispered, golden shimmering with cruel heat, the ghost filling his casing with Embers. Muffled screams rang out from the ghost, escaping with a flood of steam. "Cofa eat you slow... Cofa save you..." Another scream rang out, lower, a muffled roar escaping the golden case that was falling forward, frame dissolving into shadows as it met the ground. One last time the undead spoke, an low whisper as it fled the town, vocal prey encapsulated within.... "Cofa have fun with you...."
    CelestialSeren
    CelestialSeren
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by CelestialSeren Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:43 pm

|Burned|Morning
    |1|(3)|

A crunch of bones, the squelching of living flesh as a blade--no, as pincers sliced through it, and not a reaction from the bird. Archimedes  froze on his perch as the gory event took place below, unable to flinch, unable to react to what he saw. He felt like he should help, or at least try to before the poor thing is completely killed. Or before he gets killed, or before that poor Growlithe--
    Splat.
    A hunk of the flesh landed on his back and broke him out of his thoughts, pulling only a whimper and a shudder out of the bird. "How disgusting" wasn't a correct term for his emotions, nor did it justice-- he was revolted and mortified at the sensation of flesh, of once-living meat sliding slowly down his coat. Nausea had long passed and his head shuddered violently, a spray of regurgitation coming from his beak. In his state, he had barely noticed the Altaria rightfully fleeing the scene. Damn, that was the last bit of food he had in his stomach. At least it got the flesh off of him. But now he had to clean his feathers. Not wanting to taste fresh blood, he resigned to sitting calmly and plucked each of the feathers off that had a speck of blood on them.

A large figure moving caught his attention from the corner of his eye, but he didn't flinch, he didn't move. He continued to pull the feather off of his back until the only blood on it was his own. There. Those feathers were useless anyways. Only after he had completed his task did he look down and identify the figure; a shiny Haxorus. He debated approaching the 'mon or not, if only out of self-preservation. Archimedes had a weak heart; he couldn't fly fast or far. Any predator could easily catch and kill him, no problem. But then this creature could be said predator, but shit-- Archimedes decided at least he'd die trying to save himself.

He fluttered down from the charcoal rafters onto a downed pillar, landing within earshot of the Haxorus. His own blood now coated his beak, his face, his back-- the only place left remarkably untouched was the blood-like markings on his chest. He opened his beak to speak, yet no words came immediately to--

"I should be used to death by now, but my god that Sawsbuck... I don't know if I'll ever get their blood off of me."

So much for a conversation starter.
    MightEpicon
    MightEpicon

Post by MightEpicon Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:09 pm

(OOC: Welll, I guess when one leaves, another must enter... ^^; )

OUTSIDE ECRUTEAK CITY | Morning

It was too early in the morning for such loud noises.

'Wait, loud noises...' a small mind thought, ideas and thoughts jumbling and racing at speeds imperceptible. A small head looked out of the hole in a hollowed-out tree just outside the edge of the city, manic eyes darting to and fro, scanning for signs of danger. The small one gave a swift, light sigh of relief when he spotted nothing... save for a rampant Scizor taking off nearby. He ducked back inside the tree and muted his breathing, making for certain the creature would not spot or hear him. Another quick glance out a moment later showed no signs of the infected Pokemon, but what he DID see was a normal-looking Altaria flying away in a state of shock and despair.

'Someone must have died...' the small one thought as he slowly climbed to the edge of the hole and edged himself out. Glancing around, mind half paranoid and half tired, on watch for any signs of danger, the small one, now revealed to be a young Axew, made his way slowly into the city. His entire trip in consisted of several seconds of movement, followed by a pair of double-takes in every direction to take in all his surroundings, a look to the sky for signs of attack from above, and finally a single hop backwards to prevent being assaulted from below, before repeating the process all over again.

Finally, despite his long and overly cautious traverse, he finally made his way to the door of a large, scorched-looking tower. The door was still standing, so he figured the best thing he could do... was the honourable thing, and he knocked. 'I hope I'm wrong, I REALLY hope I'm wrong,' the young Axew thought over and over as he waited for entry. Then again, even if he was right, in this world, anything went, and anyONE could too. that was the way of this viris-infested world... People hid in caves and cities, away from the Pokemon they once loved and respected, just because a number of them had gone rabid. Or... so he thought... but anything that could mangle the visage of his ex-trainer's Scyther THAT horribly could NOT be simple rabies... wait, could Pokemon even GET rabies?

'Well, the dog-shaped Pokemon likely could...' he reasoned, not willing to go any farther with that train of thought. He stood waiting, and decided it would be better to wait where he wouldn't be seen... he pulled the tusks off his mouth and slowly began to climb the outside wall until he was upside-down and directly above the door frame. Whatever came through the door, he'd be ready for it. If it was an Infected, he'd utilize his hit-and-run skills until the creature was weak enough for anyone else to come in and drive it off. If it wasn't... well, he would apologize profusely... while still scanning for threats... That would likely make him look insane.
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:38 pm

Burned Tower || Morning

"One of us has to keep our promises!"

Prince had witnessed it--witnessed the crime. At first he had wandered off in his own assigned direction, in order to scout the area, but when frantic screeches and shouts echoed through the dark corridors the Haxorus sprinted back. He navigated through the area in panic, and when he did finally reach the scene he was too late. A Scizor, it's own scarlet exoskeleton painted with deeper crimsons, stood over what was barely recognizable as Amara's Pure's body.

In panic and fear, he could only see Pure.

"No...no no no no no--" his haphazard chant escalates into a dying screech, bile beginning to rise in the dragon's throat. Why? How? How can he let Pure die again? How can he lose Pure again? This world is too cruel, to take everyone away from him, to leave him without companion nor rival. To strip away at everything that once made him Prince and to leave him as a hollow husk of a life.

Why did he come here? He shouldn't have come here in the first place. This place was cursed the moment Paladin came. Everyone is fated to die here, to experience what he had experienced.

He can't blame the Altaria for leaving, watching the pale wings join perfectly with the clouds in the sky. The Haxorus had to leave, too. He can't stay here any longer. He can't watch more friends die any longer. He has to go.

Without another word Prince flees, emerging from the rubble of the tower and sprinting off, as far away from Ecruteak as possible.

[leaving post. 8( sorry, have to cut back on teams.]
    CelestialSeren
    CelestialSeren
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by CelestialSeren Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:23 am

((ooc: I have some major projects i desperately need to work on so I'm going to ask to skip my turn ;m;/ ))
    MightEpicon
    MightEpicon

Post by MightEpicon Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:01 pm

OUTSIDE BURNED TOWER | Morning

Zandros watches at the much taller and clearly fully-evolved Haxorus sped off into the woods, worry and fear in his eyes. He shook his head in sadness.

'Another one lost to the insanity of the situation,' he thought thought. He was still hanging upside down above the door, and the blood in his legs was beginning to pool in his head. That was dangerous. He turns around on his blad nubs and, now the proper way around, began scaling what was left of the wall until he came to a busted up floor. One goof leap brought hi to the cracking surface, and he hopped again to get away from a piece of crumbling floor board.

'At least my escaped evolution managed to run away before those super-mutated monsters got him...' Zandros consoled himself. He was still looking around, unable to find anyone of any species thus far. Had the rest been eaten too? Was his journey to find survivors to lead him further into Johto's wilderness?

I REALLY hope I don't have to go backk to the trees,' the small Axew thought as he wandered into a room and came face-to-corpse with a smashed-up, deceased Sawsbuck. He cringed at the sight before he noticed one specific leg had been ripped apart at the joint.

'I see the sick freak that did this has a disturbing fascination with ankles,' he mused morbidly, 'Or maybe it's something to do with something else entirely? Who knows...' He continued further and came across another corpse, this one a headless Espeon. He stared in morbid fascination at the horrid MESS that littered the walls, floor, and a portion of the ceiling... after all, if his eyes weren't tricking him, he could swear... that he saw... BRAINS on the ceiling.

'HOW in the name of all things ARCEUS did the beastie manage to get it all the way up THERE?!' he questions in stunned surprise; he'd never SEEN brain matter that elevated before. He made a mental joke about "someone REALLY getting high", chuckled darkly a little, then moved on into the tower. So far, alll he'd come across was a fleeing Haxorus, a mangled DEAD Sawsbuck, and a headless Espeon. Things were not looking good, and he was moments away from throwing in the towel and heading back to face his chances against the infected in the trees.

"HELLO!" he called in indoor voice, "Is there anyone here?"
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:24 pm

Burned Tower || Morning

(Post count carried from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])

Aaden waits patiently within his hiding place among the rubble of the decaying tower for the beasts to have their fill and move on. The blaziken had been rummaging through the ground floor of the tower for any remaining supplies when he heard the sounds of a struggle and other approaching. Though he had averted his eyes so not to watch every gory detail, what exactly had happened was no mystery. The walls were painted with the blood and innards of those he heard die. The stench filled his nostrils, bringing back all too familiar memories that he swiftly suppressed. Every faint creek and movement caused the fire-type to pause and search anxiously for the source. I swore I saw them leave... he restates to himself mentally. An ordinary undead he could handle, but those things...

Those things were the real monsters. His talons click lightly as the bird takes cautious steps around the outskirts of the carnage. He tries not to look directly into the messes that used to be pokemon for too long. "HELLO!" The call rings out above the stifling silence and tension of everything else within the room. Taking a step back towards the shadows and pillars, Aaden's eyes scan for the owner of the voice. "Is there anyone here?" The fire-type finds he doesn't have to search far.

An axew, cloaked in a rather visible red scarf is observing the corpses as well, much more closely. His eyes following the 'mon as they look at the individual corpses and seem to find some interest in the extent of the damage caused. Nothing attacking him...the corpses untouched for now...it's the closest to safe we may ever get. Cautiously, Aaden starts his slow walk forward once again, covering the ground he had back-tracked before and going further yet into sight range. "I'm assuming by that, you mean someone here still alive? Surprisingly, yeah." Though his words come out rather casual, the grimace on the bird's face portrays the darker part of their situation. His tired eyes scan the room again, shoulder sagging slightly, beak in a tight, downward turn that for some reason, seems to match his eyes.

"The name's Aaden. This dump's my shelter. My--" His voice cuts off as a distant screeches and other distorted noises reach them from the outside. As if a switch was flipped, all his bright, dirtied feathers lay flat against his frame. This wasn't safe...there...there was too much blood. "Looks like we can't chat here. Those...things can smell blood. You look smart, I'm sure you can figure out why that equation doesn't look good for us here." Blue eyes dart around them, his stance widening in case something would appear from the woodwork. "So stay if you want or follow. I know somewhere safer."

Turning back the way he had originally come, Aaden starts off at a brisk walk. Taking the time to adjust his vest by pulling both sides forward afterward he reaches instinctively for his ribbon, but just before he pauses, his grimace deepens and his hand drops, leaving the ribbon as is. "Now I said safer, not safe...keep an eye out."

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
    CelestialSeren
    CelestialSeren
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by CelestialSeren Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:32 pm

|Burned|Morning
    |2|(4)|

He frowned as the Haxorus sped off. Well that was just a little rude. He puffed out his feathers and fluttered down a level, settling himself on a fallen support beam. Wearily, he began to preen his feathers again, watching as a pre-evolution of the pokemon that had left entered. He was too tired to bother thinking about whether or not this thing would try to make a quick meal out of him, too tared to care.

Though the yell scared him wide-awake. "HELLO!" he heard the thing cry out, quite possibly alerting every single infected in the area. Archimedes swooped in close to him and began to quickly shush the Axew, looking around in a wild panic.

"Have you gone MAD?!" he berated the small creature in a whisper-yell. "Keep your voice DOWN! You're going to--" Too late. He looked up at the bipedal flaming chicken and felt his feathers press close to his body in fear. Blaziken shouldn't be that intimidating to him-- especially since he had a type advantage. But... The fact that they were bigger and stronger and faster than him well... He couldn't help but be afraid.

"The name's Aaden. This dump's my shelter. My--"  They paused at the sound of distant screeching-- something that had become nothing more than white noise for the Tranquil. "Looks like we can't chat here. Those...things can smell blood. You look smart, I'm sure you can figure out why that equation doesn't look good for us here."

"Of course, we're basically sacks of blood. Thanks for reminding us, Sherlock! Could not have deduced that ourselves! Where do you propose we GO if not here?" Not the smartest thing for him to say, but he was tired, he was scared, he was hungry; the combination led to him not giving a shit about this situation.
    MightEpicon
    MightEpicon

Post by MightEpicon Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:48 pm

WITHIN THE BURNED TOWER | Morning

Zandros turned on the spot, charging up a Dragon Rage and displaying the energy threateningly... until he saw what he was speaking to. The Blaziken looked healthy and alive...  but then again, so did the infected some of the time. He then noticed the Tranquil coming down to them. And while he'd normally concur with the bird's sarcastic comments, now was NOT the time or place.

“While I would normally agree with you, Mr Tranquil,” The small Axew said in a gruff tone, “This is hardly the time or place to do so. I think for now we should follow him... better than hiding in those damned trees, that's for sure.” With that, Zandros turned, wrapped the scarf tighter about his neck and set off behind Aaden. However, something bothered Zandros. His sense of smell was picking up the faint hint of rotting flesh somewhere around him.

Against his better judgement, he wrote it off as being thee corpses behind him beginning to decay and kept moving.

“Apologies for my outburst earlier,” he said in a slightly lower tone, “But I saw that Haxorus run for the hills and didn't know if anyone was still alive. I had to take a chance... I've been living and surviving alone for months, gouging out the trunks of trees to make shelters... it's been rough, but I'm glad to at least be in some form of group again... strength in numbers, you know?” To the untrained ear, it sounded normal, but the truth was, Zandros was more trying too convince himself than anyone else. That fact alone scared him almost as much as being attacked by an infected.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:56 am